just rantimg frustrated

put my name down to be a first aider at work as i was an qualified ambulancewoman(before paramedics)

everything going well until i went to put some-one into recovery position within 3 mins. pain in leg so bad i had tears  end of first aid course

now after 3 hours in bed still leg in agony

still better to have tried than say i wonder if i can do that

Message 1 of 17
See Most Recent
16 REPLIES 16

just rantimg frustrated

Not much I can say, but thinking of you and I hope the pain reduces soon.

I do understand how frustrating it is not to be able to do something that used to be easy.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 2 of 17
See Most Recent

just rantimg frustrated

That's a shame Fiona.  What's wrong with the leg, do you know?? Woman Sad

Message 3 of 17
See Most Recent

just rantimg frustrated

That must be annoying.  Hope that your leg soon feels better.  I would get it checked out just to be  on the safe side.

Message 4 of 17
See Most Recent

just rantimg frustrated

i've got muscle and nerve damage in both legs after my aorta blocked twice about 10years ago not able to walk far etc used to the pain but haven't knelt for years as once down no strength to get up lol
Message 5 of 17
See Most Recent

just rantimg frustrated

Oh dear.  I have very poor circulation in my legs so can't walk far either.  I daren't get down on the floor at all these days!  I have a grabber that they gave me when I had my hip replacement over a year ago and I still find that invaluable for picking things off the floor with.

The fact that you wanted to do it shows what a nice person you are. Woman Happy

Message 6 of 17
See Most Recent

just rantimg frustrated

I've not been able to kneel down for years due to arthritis in both knees.  If I tried, I think that I'd be on the roof.  

Hope that you feel better soon Fiona.

Message 7 of 17
See Most Recent

just rantimg frustrated

Hi Fiona, poor girl, chronic pain is so debilitating.  Do you not have 'big' painkillers from the doc - I do for nerve and bone pain - but only take them when I really need to.  Otherwise some arnica on it with a hottie on top might help.  

What a shame when you were trying to help someone else.  I hope you manage to get a decent night's sleep.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 8 of 17
See Most Recent

just rantimg frustrated

oooh I feel your pain ... hope you are feeling a bit better now. Like you say at least you tried eh?

Photobucket

Message 9 of 17
See Most Recent

just rantimg frustrated

hi rainy i'm on gabapentin.co-codamol and tramadol but i only take the tramadol very rarely 

Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent

just rantimg frustrated

No Gabapebtin here Fiona, pregabalin instead.  I have the other 2 - I dislike taking the tramadol - la la land stuff, lol.  You're still up.  I'm only up for meds, been asleep since 9pm, sorry!  Going back now.  Maybe take the tramadol if you can't get to sleep?  N night kid.

Message 11 of 17
See Most Recent

just rantimg frustrated

no la land here with tramadol it just seems to dull pain a bit hubby occassionally will pinch a 10 mg cocodamol says its better the a half bottle i take 2 x 30mg and again not much difference Dr says next step is morphine but i'm reluctant to go down that route but i suppose i'll have to eventually

Message 12 of 17
See Most Recent

just rantimg frustrated

Fiona, you can get slow release morphine tablets, which I take, but you probs know that with your background.

The liquid morphine knocks out the 'breakthrough' pain, which is what I think you're having.  I take it very rarely but my doctor says 'that's what it's for'.  I didn't want to go down that route either, but just knowing it is there as a back up is a bit of a comfort, hope this helps.  Rainy xx.

Message 13 of 17
See Most Recent

just rantimg frustrated

My GP offered to change my painkillers to tramadol a few months ago and I refused due to the side effects. Yet my uncle swears by them even though they've made him loopier than he already was.  

Hope that everyone in pain feels better this mornings.

Hugs to all that need them.

Message 14 of 17
See Most Recent

just rantimg frustrated

Ohh i never realized you did that Fiona. I have a lot of respect for Ambulance and Paramedic workers. Sorry about your pain thoughooohhh dear you poor thing!. Hope you get it sorted out hun!!.heart

Message 15 of 17
See Most Recent

just rantimg frustrated

How are you doing now Fiona? Better I hope.

Message 16 of 17
See Most Recent

just rantimg frustrated

I'm so sorry to hear about the outcome of your first aid course, & that you are in so much pain , I hope you are better soon!

**********Sam**********
Message 17 of 17
See Most Recent