food fads....

do you get fancies for certain foods? atm, I am mad on fruit, the thought of proper meals, meat and two veg, doesn't do it for me.

for my tea I've had pineapple and dates, choc mousse with raspberries, yogurt and watermelon....how's that for a fit food fad?Smiley Very Happy

Photobucket

Message 1 of 33
See Most Recent
32 REPLIES 32

food fads....

I'm mad keen on a certain yoghurt for brekkie at the moment the one with fruit and seeds ...................... but off cereal bars all together think too much of a good thing and ll that

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 2 of 33
See Most Recent

food fads....

there's a recipe out at the moment for overnight oats. You put oats, yogurt and frozen fruit into a pot, pop it in the fridge and overnight the frozen fruits soften the oats. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds good....

I know what you mean Stan about cereal bars, after a while I feel like I'm eating budgie seed!!!

Photobucket

Message 3 of 33
See Most Recent

food fads....

Must admit that I don't really have any food fads apart from the lovely apple crumble and custard I had to finish my lunch off the other day when we were out.  Oh I could just eat some now.  Well, the apple would be one of my five a day wouldn't it?

Message 4 of 33
See Most Recent

food fads....

i have just had eggy bread for my tea.have not had it for ages.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 5 of 33
See Most Recent

food fads....

Miss S is doing the over night oats as it's part of the slimming world
diet and she say's it's yumm and really filling so may give it a go next week

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 6 of 33
See Most Recent

food fads....

i have seen it advertised but i do not like the sound of it but thats just me.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 7 of 33
See Most Recent

food fads....

Yes I do CB ! 

Fish and Chips from the chippy which I have not had in absolute ages.

Message 8 of 33
See Most Recent

food fads....

Not on a fad atm, although I'm enjoying the seasonal blackberries. I'm on the "don't like it diet" though - if I don't like it, I don't bleddy eat it! Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 33
See Most Recent

food fads....

Oh, those cereal bars.........ugh!!!  They always remind me of something that's been dug out of the grooves in a cows hoof. All straw and gritty bits. They even look like compressed farm yard sweepings.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 10 of 33
See Most Recent

food fads....

I'm going to sulk now, there is fresh oineapple in the fridge, and I really fancy it, but I can't get it and "himself" is upstairs and asleep.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 11 of 33
See Most Recent

food fads....

Breakfast time...& we had poached eggs on toast.

Poaching is my favourite way to have my eggs.

I love salads with nuts in...can eat that anytime  nom nom

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 12 of 33
See Most Recent

food fads....

Crunchy salad, preferably with fea/Bulgarian/white etc cheese - I eat it pretty much every day for dinner, but I always crave salad even so.  Better if it's out of someone else's garden, but the supermarket will do...

Message 13 of 33
See Most Recent

food fads....

I've been growing tomatoes from seedlings that my stepdaughter gave me. She grew them from seeds. The strange thing is - I spotted that the fruits had turned from green to brown, so I thought they had gone rotten. When I picked them off they were not rotten, just a dark purply brown in colour. So I googled "brown tomatoes" and apparently they are called kumatoes. But only licenced growers are allowed to grow them and the seeds are not available to buy by the public. My step daughter got the seeds in her local garden centre, so I can only think they have been packeged wrongly. Anyway, they look strange but are absolutely delish.A much more intense flavour than your normal tom. If you love your salad you will love these, although I've never seen them in any shops.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 14 of 33
See Most Recent

food fads....

Maz hubby grows his own tomatoes and likes the unusual ones, black cherry, brown cherry, pink cherry but out of the 3 he says the black ones are the best. Other new one he grew was Sweetheart, they grew well and he had a good crop and nice to eat, when you cut them in half they are heart shaped.

Message 15 of 33
See Most Recent

food fads....

I have stripy ones this year & they are lovely.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 16 of 33
See Most Recent

food fads....

eeewww I don't like tomatoes at all, wish I did as they would bulk up a salad a lot.

Stan, I've been doing the slimming world diet,....ssshhhh it's a secret. So far I've lost 8 kilo whatever that is in old money. I'm only losing a pound a week if I'm lucky, it's all my meds and thyroid trouble that scuppers it.

However back to the fads....what type of nuts do you put in your salad Merc? that sounds like a real good idea. We are not a lover of bunny food but I may try that.

tonight I've had an egg buttie my favourite remember?

Photobucket

Message 17 of 33
See Most Recent

food fads....

I'd like to try the russian black toms I saw on google. Jet blac and looked really strange. I will see if I can get some seeds for next year.

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 18 of 33
See Most Recent

food fads....

My son won't eat tomatoes either. He likes everything that's flavoured with tomato but won't eat the fresh ones. He says the seedy part looks slimy.

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 19 of 33
See Most Recent

food fads....

Hey !!! WELL DONE CB.

That weight loss converts to slightly over 1 stone 3 1/2 lbs.

Message 20 of 33
See Most Recent