clothing for big gals

why is it so difficult for these clothes shops to get the message?

just because you are big, still means you need a winter coat, a decent nice nightdress, or sleeves in a flippin' top!!!!scream smiley.gif

I went with my friend to look for a winter coat and the only TWO we saw were in Evans, one looked like a bikers jacket the other black and boring. I'm big too and have ended up having to shop online which I don't like as you need to try stuff and the postage is ridiculous if it doesn't fit.

Gawd, I wish I had money, I'd open a clothes store with clothes that really did fit.!!!

Photobucket

Message 1 of 35
See Most Recent
34 REPLIES 34

clothing for big gals

Hi there we sell clothing in sizes 16-32 if you let me know what you are looking for i might be able to find you something? Or if you add me as a favourite seller you will see when i add new items (not always "big" sizes) 

Message 2 of 35
See Most Recent

clothing for big gals

I know what you mean about tops with no sleeves noooooooooooooooooo, really dont suit us larger ladies, I am a size 18 top and 16 bottom,  and it is also difficult to find dresses, that dont hang like tents.

Message 3 of 35
See Most Recent

clothing for big gals

Wear those bingo wings wiv pride girls....the breeze from mine flappin' keeps me cool when I'm cleanin' the windows.....smilie egyptian.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 4 of 35
See Most Recent

clothing for big gals

Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 35
See Most Recent

clothing for big gals

I got a couple of everyday tops in Bon Marche with 3/4 sleeves that were quite nice. Matalan do big sizes too. Not keen on Evans. I don't buy clothes often & tend to wear the same old things! lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 35
See Most Recent

clothing for big gals

Anne (or Ann) Harveys Capt?

I have a friend who shops in there regularly

she always looks amazing

very stylish and unusual clothes

Message 7 of 35
See Most Recent

clothing for big gals

Hope that you get sorted CB.  What annoys me is that skirts seem to be too short.  I had the devil's own job looking for a nice skirt for the wedding.  M&S used to do skirts which were 36" length.  Now they only seem to go to 33" and only then in a few skirts which I don't like.

Message 8 of 35
See Most Recent

clothing for big gals

yes, I like Anne Harvey stuff but they are expensive.

I shop online with fifty plus at the moment, they have some nice things but they mither the life out of me on the phone trying to get me to buy stuff....

I never buy skirts or dresses, I live in trousers and big tops....

Photobucket

Message 9 of 35
See Most Recent

clothing for big gals

I normally live in pants and tops but for a wedding, I wanted something a bit nicer.

Message 10 of 35
See Most Recent

clothing for big gals

I think everyone struggles to find clothes. They are made to fit an average that doesn't exist. I can't find a single swimsuit that fits me in the world! I also hate those stupid short zips they put in trousers! I'm not Simon Cowell but I want my trousers to come up to my waist.
Message 11 of 35
See Most Recent

clothing for big gals

Quite agree....

love 3/4 sleeves but can hardly ever find them...

and also think its a pain not to be able to find a pair of great fitting jeans...Woman Indifferent

Message 12 of 35
See Most Recent

clothing for big gals

Having worn virtually every size ubder the sun, I understand the problem.  Why does everything at the moment seem to have cap sleeves?  Unless you have very slim arms VERY unflattering as they seem to put the emphasis on just the wrong bit of the arms.

George at Asda do up to size 26 are well priced and have a decent range of basics.  So it's possible to not be immediately identified as wearing their stuff.

Long Tall Sally do a lot of longer length stuff, but are very dear, unless you manage to pick something up in the sale.... they only do up to size 22 and their sizes tend to be on the small size I think.

soft as velvet but comes with needle sharp claws

Message 13 of 35
See Most Recent

clothing for big gals

Hey CB a friend has just told me of this wicked new site where you can get anything and everything she says its called EBAY

Smiley LOL

Message 14 of 35
See Most Recent

clothing for big gals

Seriously, I love Per Una clothes, and their jeans fit me perfectly and usually a 16 means a 16 so I tend to stick with them, I have a number of pairs in various colours, and mostly the top amount I pay is a fiver including P&P,  I counted them yesterday and was suprised how many I had, shh dont tell the old man.   Very rarely buy skirts they are either too short or too long, I have 3 for the winter, long and dark and I wear with boots, 3/4 length sleeves for me as caps make me look huge as I am a well endowed lady.

Sadly my winter attire consists of jeans, walking boots, top and fleece, a dog owner you know so the most practical and warm clothes are best.

I have some lovely clothes in the wardrobe which I take out and look at every now and again. Smiley Happy need to go somewhere to wear them.

Message 15 of 35
See Most Recent

clothing for big gals

I don't find Per Una clothes good on size at all.

I saw a lovely top last time I was in, tried on a 14 (my usual size) - nope, couldn't button it and the sleeves were really tight, 16. no better, the sales assistant was a puzzled as me, and as I had some time to spare thought I'd go through the sizes to see what fitted,

finally a size 22 fitted in the arms and bust, but was tight across the hips.  Needless to say I didn't buy it.  I recently compared a size 14 skirt with a size 18 and the waist band was 1 1/2" bigger!

I find now I am having to buy tops a size bigger than I need to get my arms in the sleves and be able to bend my arms without ripping the sleeves, they all seem to be cut very small.  Stangely I still have some old clothes - size 12s that fit perfectly.

It really is rubbish if like me and others you don't live remotely near shops - my nearest M&S is a 50+ round trip.

Message 16 of 35
See Most Recent

clothing for big gals

I think that just goes to show that everyone is different , Primark is a prime example I can't get anything to fit in there, a size 18 is like a 12 on me useless. Whereas Evans I can wear a 16 and it still be a bit big.  Dorothy Perkins and Principles I need a 20 if you can get it, I found a gorgeous dress in monsoon once for a wedding tried the 20 too small but they didn't do it any bigger.  Hense the reason I wear Per Una jeans they fit and fleeces they fit.

Message 17 of 35
See Most Recent

clothing for big gals

My biggest problem is, I like to wear V neck tops as they help reduce the appearance of big boobs, but because the top is in a larger size, the neckline is miles too big, it's indecent!Smiley Surprised

Message 18 of 35
See Most Recent

clothing for big gals

Yup know that well , thank goodness for cami tops eh

Message 19 of 35
See Most Recent

clothing for big gals

I generally stock up with clothes when I am working in America as there seem to be more big sizes available.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 20 of 35
See Most Recent