childhood TV programmes

I was reminiscing in work yesterday and had us all thinking....

what programmes do you remember watching when you were about 6 or 7yrs old.

I remember Watch with Mother, Tales of the river bank, Robin Hood...used to rush home from school to catch that one!

Photobucket

Message 1 of 47
See Most Recent
46 REPLIES 46

childhood TV programmes

Listen With Mother on the radio. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 21 of 47
See Most Recent

childhood TV programmes

who remembers this one....Four Feather Falls?

Photobucket

Message 22 of 47
See Most Recent

childhood TV programmes

Nope sorry
Message 23 of 47
See Most Recent

childhood TV programmes

Sorry CB but I don't remember that one either.

Message 24 of 47
See Most Recent

childhood TV programmes

oh I am sniggering cb

Message 25 of 47
See Most Recent

childhood TV programmes

Aww CB.  Remember it well.  Four Feather Falls that is.

Yogi bear anyone?

We had a couple of videos when the children were young - Bill and Ben, Pinky and Perky both in black and white - they loved them.  Oddly enough Sproglet loves Bill & Ben(the original) - thanks you tube.  Fortunately she appears to have outgrown Teletubbies!!!. Wasn't impressed with Ivor the Engine or the Clangers though.

Anyone remember dear old Captain Pugwash?

Message 26 of 47
See Most Recent

childhood TV programmes

In my case, none!

I was nine before I'd even heard of a television, living between Cyprus and the UK.  Most houses had outdoor arials, but we had the indoor Martian-type that you'd have to twiddle about with for ages in order to get an even half-decent picture while somebody would suddenly shout:  "That's it!  Perfect!  Hold it right there!"  with some unfortunate holding it at arm's length above his head halfway across the sitting room!

Robin Hood with Richard Greene, William Tell and, to a lesser extent, Ivanhoe.  14" screen, only two channels, of course, 405 lines for the technically minded, all television closed at midnight and started at 5p.m. with "Children's hour which was anything but, because the evening news came on at ten to six. each evening.

Who remembers a very tubby Superman?  He was in his forties and more than a few pounds overweight!  Lol! 

Standards were very high.  Malcolm Muggeridge was officially carpeted for uttering that unmentionable phrase "Jesus wept!" when something went wrong in the studio.  BBC made a full public apology and vowed there would never be any repeat of such profanities ever again.  It got into all the papers and was the end of Mugeridge's television carreer  - he never appeared on television ever again!

Message 27 of 47
See Most Recent

childhood TV programmes

When you were older you watched Blue Peter?  I was an aduly and always watched it - especially Valarie Singleton Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy - "Here's one I did earlier."  Liar!  Lol!   She was  quite something to look at, though Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 47
See Most Recent

childhood TV programmes

Popeye the sailor man.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 29 of 47
See Most Recent

childhood TV programmes

And then there's  the sticky backed plastic.

Message 30 of 47
See Most Recent

childhood TV programmes

We didn't have TV until I was 12, but I remember going to a hall when I was five and sitting on a bench at the back so I couldn't see anything anyway and watching something.  I learnt much much later it was the Coronation in 1953!

I watched all the programmes mentioned above though with my children and thoroughly enjoyed them, especially Camberwick Green and Trumpton.

Message 31 of 47
See Most Recent

childhood TV programmes

I vaguely remember watching Churchills funeral on tv and I was allowed to stay up and watch the moon landing in '69
Message 32 of 47
See Most Recent

childhood TV programmes

I vaguely remember Churchill's funeral as well.  I remember the day he died as my dad had taken me to church that morning and the priest said that Churchill had died.

Message 33 of 47
See Most Recent

childhood TV programmes

I don't remember Churchill dying but I do JFK as my granddad died on the same day in November 1963.

Message 34 of 47
See Most Recent

childhood TV programmes

I can't remember how old I was but I do remember Captain Pugwash lol xxx

Camberwick Green and Trumpton, wooden tops, Bill and Ben, Magic roundabout.

Anyone else remember the Munsters lol, they were hilarious.  xx

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

childhood TV programmes

I remember watching the wooden tops, finger bob, bill and ben.

........................................................................................................................................ I LOVE EVERYONE.
Message 36 of 47
See Most Recent

childhood TV programmes

Twizzle and Torchy the Battery boy

Message 37 of 47
See Most Recent

childhood TV programmes

Ah but does anybody remember the family serials at teatime sat or sun - can't remember which.  Good solid family entertainment, all based on books, which meant if you enjoyed it you went off and read more books by the author?  Think it worked better than producing books afterwards.

Supercar?

Message 38 of 47
See Most Recent

childhood TV programmes

Stingray.  My children loved it!.

Message 39 of 47
See Most Recent

childhood TV programmes

Watch with Mother ... Rag tag & bobtail , wooden tops ,  andy pandy  then later Dr Who 😄