Family, Home and Garden
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! CHAMPAGNE FOR A SHARPER MEMORY

The boffins have now concluded that phenloic compounds - chemicals found in plants and champagne - can alter proteins in the brain for storing memories. Just one or two glasses a week might be all you need to reap the benefits. So that's me down to L...

Wednesdays wonderful woppers

We shall be partaking of chicken and ham pie (homemade) with chunky chips, roasties and mash, basically all the bits from the freezer that get leftover. Oh and a few peas, green beans carrots and broccoli. Had a bit of a sort out.

"Serves 4"

Yeah, serves 4 if 3 go without. I am constantly amazed at the brass neck of food producers who claim their product feeds more than it obviously does. How many times have you picked up a packet of something which it says "feeds 4" and you get about 4 ...

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Who's Jesus?

A thief breaks into a church. While he is unloading all the silver, he hears a voice screech out:"I can see you, so can Jesus!" He drops everything in terror and is about the run when he sees a parrot, perched on one of the crosses by the altar, and ...

BLUE MONDAY

This is officially the most depressing day of the year - according to a PSYCHOLOGIST, give me strength. Bad weather, New Year resolutions falling like pins and debt accrued from Black Friday spending frenzy have left us feeling well below par. OOOOOO...

What A Day Of Child-Related Contrast

Yesterday, in the morning we went to a college open day with our youngest son who hopes togo there In September. This is the child who struggled to read and write when he went to seniorschool, he couldn't keep up and had to have loads of extra help -...

Is it just our family

I get scared easily...(not in a spooky way) but our David keeps waiting in dark corners and comes out screaming at me. Tára and Conall have jumped on the band-wagon. Tára hid under the duvet..... which I was changing and put it on the floor while I g...

Wooopy doo....

I have 5 days off now. I intend to do my Valentine secret santa...providing me bits and pieces arrive in the post..... and the bonus ball is?? I get to have 5 days off next week too.... some days you are the statue, some days the pigeon...

Hearing Aids

I wondered if anyone out there could help me? My husband has what I will politely call 'diminished hearing', something he has been in denial about for the past year at least. He has now given in and been to see the consultant who says that yes, this ...

Christmas Cats

I know it is the 16th January, but these were for my Christmas, we both forgot about them I had asked only for music and books, but saw these on a website and thought they were wondrous, and I don't even have a cat. One of them is called Eusebio (one...

Christmas cats 2014 005.JPG

I'm back.....

...sneaks in looking over my shoulder..... what did I say? huh! I upset someone 'cos I has a smacked you know what. I'm scared to say anything now..... any you know what cream handy?

Microwaves

Does anyone else have this strange thing with microwaves? Whenever my neighbour turns hers on I can hear it through the dividing wall as she often has it right against the wall. Now, not only does that amplify the very loud hum, but sometimes whateve...