alternative sites

I must admit that at first facebook seemed a good idea, but I find it's difficult to keep in contact with people. Unless you stay on one particular thread, you start scrolling down and down and then someone will say something and you have to leave where you are and find the thread, read what they say and then go back to scrolling, in the meantime you missed loads of comments!!!!!

I'm beginning to think I'd rather be over here, so my mission now is to come here more and talk more to you guys.

Photobucket

Message 1 of 21
See Most Recent
20 REPLIES 20

alternative sites

my thoughts as well cb .i am still here and prefer to be here.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 2 of 21
See Most Recent

alternative sites

I'm not saying FB isn't interesting, it is, and there  are some lovely things on there, but I miss being on here, I just hope peeps will come back.

Photobucket

Message 3 of 21
See Most Recent

alternative sites

I like both so I just keep both sites open when I'm online

Nice to see you both ** waves like a giraffe to a coo and a biscuit ** lol

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 4 of 21
See Most Recent

alternative sites

Must admit that I love it on here and I wish that we could get it back to what it used to be.  I like Facebook because I have family all over the place and it's the best to keep in touch with them.  Still miss the old FHG though.

Message 5 of 21
See Most Recent

alternative sites

yes i agree fb is ok for family ect but for chats ect here is better.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 6 of 21
See Most Recent

alternative sites

I'm not on facebook and never will be. I like it here though.Smiley Very Happy

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 7 of 21
See Most Recent

alternative sites

Like Stan, I will be on both, but at present I am trying to get used to a new pooter

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 8 of 21
See Most Recent

alternative sites

Have you guys noticed, though, that all the boards are quieter these days?  

Even after they got rid of Q and A, you could count on loads of threads every day on BC and SC - now, there's not even a page of new threads every day.  I don't know if it's that people can't find the boards any more (so aren't coming over them by accident, increasing numbers) or people are less into the whole forum thing because of other social media.  I don't use FB at all, and use Twitter only for work, but I know our students seem to do all their interactions there, instead of through various forums as they would have done once.

Message 9 of 21
See Most Recent

alternative sites

Ok girls.  Now you've made me feel guilty.  I am a long term user of FHG but gradually stopped coming on here.  I used to be lizzie - don't imagine anyone would remember me - but with the hassle of signing in and out of different ID's, the changes to the boards, real life getting in the way etc, I just pop in from time to time and have a little read.  Though, in my defence, I do try to support MDCC as much as I can.

i have never looked at the facebook alternative.  I am on facebook but never pur anything on there myself.  I have a lot of family overseas, so I just keep tabs on what they all put on there.

So, new resoution to try to join in more.  It is a shame that the whole thing has dwindled, so will try to do my bit for a resurgence!

Joan x

Message 10 of 21
See Most Recent

alternative sites

One thing was simple regarding mdcc ebay fee's, pure and simple. I am not happy sitting for hours making items for charity then the big fat cat comes along and takes a slice too.

I have found another way of helping the same charities the same way and in fact it has helped us raise more money, they have done us a favour.

I return to read threads and if they interest me I will comment. There is life outside ebay and it is not FB.

Good luck all those listing mdcc.

Message 11 of 21
See Most Recent

alternative sites

Thanks Yvonne. Every month I say it's the last one. I might actually mean it this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 12 of 21
See Most Recent

alternative sites

oh no Maggie, that would be tragic! I promise to do more bidding, don't give up, you make such lovely things....ck.jpg

Photobucket

Message 13 of 21
See Most Recent

alternative sites

Sadly unless peeps tell you where they have gone or where they now post things we have no way of finding them ................. would hate to lose contact or the chance to purchase fab goodies just because I am no longer able to find them

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 14 of 21
See Most Recent

alternative sites

To be honest if I sold them on Facebook for the Days for Girls charity there would be no fees & more people seeing them. At the moment it's a lot of work for little return once ebay have taken their slice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 15 of 21
See Most Recent

alternative sites

I don't know about others, but there are always lots of views but nobody watching items on MDCC,  I try to do 5 items every month and have some wonderful and loyal  and generous buyers, usually the same ones.  I can sell for charity else where and have just done,  I worked hard and made a lot of items (not restricted to 5)   No fees at all.  A lot of people look on ebay but dont buy which is a shame, obviously not everyone likes what I have to sell,  My buyers are usually non FHG people or not regular ones then.

Going back to facebook verses FHG,  I use my phone and facebook is always there,  FHG I have to sign in everytime and if I go out to look at something else, text phonecall etc then I have to go back in and log in everytime unless there is a secret app I don't know about........and it gets to be such a faf I am afraid.  I will come on here if I am on the pc but that isn't very often.

Message 16 of 21
See Most Recent

alternative sites

I also find that FB is now becoming a bit boring, everyone knowing you business and I dont post as much now as I did,  there are other places to go as Dairy says.

Message 17 of 21
See Most Recent

alternative sites

I am on Facebook a lot as I am in & admin several sewing/patchwork groups. They are fun, fast & chatty. It's easy to add & enlarge photos too. I find Ebay hard work in comparison & so slow. I do have an ebat sewing group too that has dwindled to three regular posters for much the same reasons.

Message 18 of 21
See Most Recent

alternative sites

I must admit that I quite like Facebook now as I am in several groups about local history.  As I have posted earlier, I have family all over the place so it's good to keep in touch with them.  I still love it on here though.

Message 19 of 21
See Most Recent

alternative sites

I found these boards a few years ago, by clicking on "Community" out of curiosity.  Q&A was here at that time, and I enjoyed that, though even then people were saying it had changed for the worse.  I think that if I was new to eBay now, I would be unlikely to notice the word "Community" as it is hidden at the bottom of the page, and would therefore be unlikely ever to read any of these threads and join in.

Message 20 of 21
See Most Recent