Wimbledon

Is anybody watching the Nadal/Kyrgios match.  I really am torn.  Normally I would want Nadal to win, but that young lad has been playing an amazing game.

Message 1 of 29
See Most Recent
28 REPLIES 28

Wimbledon

Guess that's a NO then 🙂

Message 2 of 29
See Most Recent

Wimbledon

Good to see you back Fluffy.  Hope that you are alright.

We started to watch the match but Nadal takes so much time with each serve, it's really annoying.

Message 3 of 29
See Most Recent

Wimbledon

I see that Nadal's lost.  It's good to see young players coming up no matter where in the world they come from.

Message 4 of 29
See Most Recent

Wimbledon

Yes his play was truly amazing - it's nice to see a new name.  He showed no nerves at all.  (Still like Nadal though).   The best player on the day won though 🙂

Message 5 of 29
See Most Recent

Wimbledon

Wimbeldon - Football World Cup - Cricket.

It is all a load of balls!!!

Message 6 of 29
See Most Recent

Wimbledon

those two players that were arguing at the end of the match want throwing out and fining really heavily, I've never seen that happen ever, even with McEnroe when he was having a strop!!

Photobucket

Message 7 of 29
See Most Recent

Wimbledon

And didn't McEnroe used to have a strop or two?  The thing is, McEnroe was a good player.

Message 8 of 29
See Most Recent

Wimbledon

Hope Andy Murray wins his match this afternoon; might make it easier for him now that Nadal is out?

Message 9 of 29
See Most Recent

Wimbledon

Is it me , but there doesn't seem to be any real characters anymore , & all that grunting really puts you off watching?.

**********Sam**********
Message 10 of 29
See Most Recent

Wimbledon

I'm an avid Wimbledon fan - life goes on hold for 2 weeks while it's on lol.

The Nadal/ Kyrgios game was fantastic. I think the pundits are right, there's a new star on the horizon. I too was sorry Nadal was beaten but he's not been good on grass for a couple of years now and has tended to go out in the early rounds.

I might miss Murray's game this afternoon as going out to lunch with friends who have come over from Holland so I can hardly say I'd prefer to watch the tennis... Smiley LOL

I do so agree with you sasher about the grunting. Sarapova's the worst to the point where I can't bare to watch her so I'm glad she's out... 

Tough match for Murray today but sure he'll pull it off.

Message 11 of 29
See Most Recent

Wimbledon

Sorry Fluffy, I wasn't online yesterday (not feeling great), but hubby set up small tv so I could watch the match.  You're right the young Ozzie was great -  my son, living  in Oz, says they have gone mad now for Wimbledon and are calling him the new Pat Cash.  My son's mad about him because hs used to play basketball (like him) and is also a Boston Celtics Fan.

His tweener shot was magical because he was soooo relaxed about it.

Like Lhasa I love Wimbledon and used to take a week off work for the second week.  I think he's on today at 5pm or is it tomorrow?  Brain dead, lol.  Lhasa, do you know about the fantasy tennis on the T-graf, it's brill, although I'm carp.

Dear R., I hope you are coping ok after your upset heart

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 12 of 29
See Most Recent

Wimbledon

Admits to not being a fan of Andy Murray.  His previous matches have all been against players who are unheard of.  Dimitrov beat Murray in straight sets.

Message 13 of 29
See Most Recent

Wimbledon

Not playing - sobs.  Murray is very local to us, I am so sad for him.  Guess I'll have to join my son and support the young Aussie.  **crosses fingers**

Message 14 of 29
See Most Recent

Wimbledon

Looks like Andy Murray didn't have his weetabix this morning.

Message 15 of 29
See Most Recent

Wimbledon

Just not Andy's day today, just played too bad to be true and he will be beating himself up about it.

He's local to me as well - I've been to the gold post box!

Photobucket
Message 16 of 29
See Most Recent

Wimbledon

We've been too Rose!  It's pretty special in a funny way.  As you say, not his day today.  

Mind you in 2012 he won the US Open and after being beat by Federer at Wimbledon the same year, went on to beat him in the finals to take Olympic Gold.  You'd know all about that!  Then he won Wimbledon in 2013, so at least we've got that Woman Happy

My young Aussie got beat too, but I think young Nick has a bit of Ronaldo 'sparkle' about him, it will be interesting to see how he develops.

Message 17 of 29
See Most Recent

Wimbledon

@rainydaywoman11 wrote:

Like Lhasa I love Wimbledon and used to take a week off work for the second week.  I think he's on today at 5pm or is it tomorrow?  Brain dead, lol.  Lhasa, do you know about the fantasy tennis on the T-graf, it's brill, although I'm carp.

Hi rainy, no I don't know about fantasy tennis on the T-graf nor ever heard of it.

It sounds like it could be torturous lol

I was sorry Andy went out yesterday, didn't see the match but heard he had an off day. He needs Lendl back in his life I think. 

When I watched the replay it seemed he had reverted a bit to his old complaining days... 

The Men's Semi's could be interesting... 4 possibles for a final I think are Federer Dimitrov, Raonic and Djkovic - Raonic could be in with a chance as he played well against Kyrgios yesterday.

Message 18 of 29
See Most Recent

Wimbledon

Looking forward to the final this afternoon, Federer v Djokavic. Would like Federer to win, he's such a gent when he's playing, doesn't seem to complain or have tantrums, just gets on with it. Come on,Roger!

Message 19 of 29
See Most Recent

Wimbledon

Absolutely amazing, what a match.

Message 20 of 29
See Most Recent