Which kitchen gadget could you NOT live without

Barring the usual kitchen essentials - oven, fridge, freezer, kettle, microwave....which of your extra kitchen gadgets could you NOT live without.

Mine would have to be the slow cooker. This time of year my slow cooker is used 4-5 times per week.

Remember - it takes 17 muscles to smile and 44 muscles to frown - SO KEEP SMILING 🙂
Message 1 of 52
See Most Recent
51 REPLIES 51

Agree with the slow cooker, mine has been on every night this week, have done curries, casserole and stews in it.

No. 2 gadget is the hand blender, great if you make lumpy sauces like me, ideal for turning casseroles into soups.

Message 2 of 52
See Most Recent

I think it would have to be the thing that helps me get the tops off jars. Of course if wine wasn't all screw tops now it would be the corkscrew! lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 52
See Most Recent

My kitchen scissors or i wouldnt be able to get into most of the packaging they put everything in now !

Its a difficult call between the slow cooker and the soup maker ......best kitchen aids ever ....use both of them all the time .....
Message 5 of 52
See Most Recent

Well definitely my Aga and as that has a slow oven I don't use the electric one any more, so mine has to be the George Foreman Grill.  I've never used it for meat but I use it for our cheese toasties!Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 52
See Most Recent

My Aga is switched off for most of the time as is a very expensive method of cooking .

After years of having it on 24/7 we turned it off as we were not living full time in the house for a period of time . It was costing £300 per month to run...quite an eyeopener ......

We eat out a lot too ......
Message 7 of 52
See Most Recent

I never turn it off!  It went out Tuesday, needed de-coking, you should have seen the dinner, cooking with electric again, the chicken was drying out, the yorkshires were slightly black and we had to have mash 'cos there was no room for roasties!!  Woman LOL  At least it gave my cleaner a chance to give it a good clean.  Woman LOL

Message 8 of 52
See Most Recent

Does my husband count? He cleans the oven.
Message 9 of 52
See Most Recent

Depends grumpy .................. do you hire him out

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 10 of 52
See Most Recent

My carrot peeler. Although I have two, the one I brought from the US is my fav. And also my potato ricer. Bread machine.... Slow cooker, Hotplate..... Microwave..... LOL I love my gadgets.

Life is too short so enjoy it while you can!
Message 11 of 52
See Most Recent

My best peeler is from the US too.Woman Happy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 12 of 52
See Most Recent

I indulged in a really good mixer that also blends was devistated when it stopped working this week 😞

OH had jerry rigged a repair so I can still use it - part of the handle had come off so it doesn't trigger the safety switch

Other than that it would be the slow cooker which is so useful although I am not allowed to cook stew, the girls don't like it. They do love beef casserole with veg, pearl barley and dumplings 🙂 

Message 13 of 52
See Most Recent

definitely the slow cooker. I would have said pressure cooker, but I don't have one anymore.

Oh and I have a special knife I peel spuds with and chop veg, would take me ages to break in another one if I lost it. OH threw my other away in the veg peelings...took me yonks to get used to this one I have now.

Photobucket

Message 14 of 52
See Most Recent

What's the difference between stew and beef casserole with veg?  I thought they were both the same??  

I have two knives (both the same) that I use to peel veg with.  I've been looking for replacements for years and just can't find any the same.  They're falling apart and   I can't use any others without having 1/4" peelings. Smiley Sad

Message 15 of 52
See Most Recent

My hand blender. I use it everyday, but would miss my vegetable peeler too as I find it much quicker and easier to use than a knife and have more vegetables left to eat Smiley Happy as I don't peel it all away Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 52
See Most Recent

The electric steamer - great for veggies, for fish, cooking a bacon joint, chicken portions in foil. The one "gadget" that never gets put away.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 17 of 52
See Most Recent

slow cooker, veggie peeler, yoghurt maker. I give the dog natural yoghurt every day

Message 18 of 52
See Most Recent

Well slow cookers seem to be doing very well here ........
Message 19 of 52
See Most Recent

Must admit that ours is the garlic peeler.  Our steamers gets well used as well.

Message 20 of 52
See Most Recent