Where is your favourite place, at home or abroad.

Mine is the Lizzard peninsula in Cornwall. Stunning scenery and the cliffs covered in heather and wild flowers.
Message 1 of 20
See Most Recent
19 REPLIES 19

There is a little private cove just outside Miami - sheltered and edged by sand dunes. Silver sand, crystal clear blue sea, totally unspoilt, no litter, no crowds, no shops. Holds some very special memories for me.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 2 of 20
See Most Recent

I'd have to choose 2 I think, one would be Lake Louise in Canada, the most amazing place that makes you go Ahhhh OOOOh, the other would be Dublin because its my second home and my some of my family are there.

Message 3 of 20
See Most Recent

I think that I'd have to choose two as well.  For this country, it would have to be Cornwall.  I think that it is a lovely county.  For abroad, it would have to be the Algarve in Portugal.  I think that it's lovely there.

Message 4 of 20
See Most Recent

Dont do abroad so cant name anywhere but a very at home person so I would nominate the area I live. By the sea so can walk along the prom every day, lovely green countryside with miles of unspoilt lanes, cow fields & horse fields, thick wooded areas for littlies to play. Our town is only allowed one seafood stall on the seafront so it is totally unpoilt. 

Message 5 of 20
See Most Recent

I love where I live too. I have been to lots of countries but love being at home in my house by the sea.:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 20
See Most Recent

I'm happy where I am.

Message 7 of 20
See Most Recent

I did say favourite place if that's home then that's wonderful, I too love where I live and wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
Message 8 of 20
See Most Recent

Cairns, in northern Queensland.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 9 of 20
See Most Recent

My favourite place is undoubtedly,   Glencoe. I would so love to live there.

I live right on the coast with a marina at one end of my street and the beach at the other end so although I like where I live the isolation and ruggedness of Glencoe is where I would like to live.

Message 10 of 20
See Most Recent

My favourite place in the world is a little cottage on Anglesey that one day when I win the lottery I will buy and live there till my cows come home

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 11 of 20
See Most Recent

I used to think my heart was in the Highlands...but I love where I live now...I am very fortunate Woman Happy

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 12 of 20
See Most Recent

Within the UK, I would say probably West Wight, despite the lack of trains there!

Overseas - it would have to be Paris, and there is one particular hotel I always try to book, and one specific room within that hotel; it's something to do with the view from that room... Smiley Wink

Room 406 view July 2015.jpg

Message 13 of 20
See Most Recent

A home... probably Cornwall, although I have a soft spot for a little village called Moniaive near Dumfries.

And abroad well probably  Aktobe in Kazakhstan. Can't explain it but the 2 times we drove into Kazakhstan it just felt special.

Message 14 of 20
See Most Recent

wsk, I used to live about 45 minutes away from Moniaive in a mining village called Bellsbank just up the hill from Dalmellington. It is only about 26 miles apart but not roads you could get any speed on.

Message 15 of 20
See Most Recent

I too love where I live now, but I do have a soft spot for Northumberland, very Wuthering Heights, somewhere on the coast.  I live inland now but prior to that lived 20 years next to water and I miss that.

Overseas, I love Vancouver, such a beautiful city.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 16 of 20
See Most Recent

Home.
love living here in Northumberland....
Message 17 of 20
See Most Recent

In the summer I love where I live now but hate it in the winter so would choose anywhere warm for the winter months

Message 18 of 20
See Most Recent

Llyn Gwynant in N. Wales, everytime I see that lake and the surrounding countryside I go all emotional. I love living here.

Photobucket

Message 19 of 20
See Most Recent

The Machars, Dumfries & Galloway. Would live in Port William or Garlieston.  Alternatively Morpeth in Northumberland.

Message 20 of 20
See Most Recent