When are your decs going up?

Mine will be going up on the 13th, but I might sneak a few Santas out before then.

Message 1 of 23
See Most Recent
22 REPLIES 22

NEVER ! Bah Humbug.

Message 2 of 23
See Most Recent

Some time between now and Friday lunchtime - daughter and grandchildren are coming next weekend.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 3 of 23
See Most Recent

We usually only do a tree, but we're not bothering this year. We have only just finished a lot of decorating up stairs and we want to start on the lounge immediately after new year,so I couldn't be bothered getting it all out of the loft.

If we had young children around I may make more effort but it doesn't seem worth it just for me and OH to look at.

Maybe next year.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 4 of 23
See Most Recent

mine will go up the week before christmas but i went to my daughters house on friday to collect the rent and the tenant has already deced up her house tree windows ceilings everything...

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 5 of 23
See Most Recent

Ours will probably go up in a couple of weeks or so.  If I feel generous, I might put them up before Friday as a certain little lady is Gracing us with her presence on Friday.

Message 6 of 23
See Most Recent

The rule for me is:UP,10days before; DOWN, 10 days after.  But I won't be bothering as I have limited space for a tree, and CATS as well!

Message 7 of 23
See Most Recent

First full week in December, i.e. next weekend.  If I leave it any longer I get moaned at.  I wonder if I can get away with using the redecoration as an excuse to put only the minimum number up this year?

Message 8 of 23
See Most Recent

The 21st Dec I expect.:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 9 of 23
See Most Recent

21st?????suprised fainting smiley.gif my tree is up with the lights on. Deccies follow tomorrow as I have to get them all out of the cupboard. Then I will take the next few days putting wreaths and stuff up that I've made....I've got tons of the stuff!!

I love the Christmas tree and all that, and as we are off work until 3rd may as well get it all up before the rush at work.

Photobucket

Message 10 of 23
See Most Recent

Yes the 21st. It won't have a chance to get dusty then! lol My lot aren't coming until the 29th & I am going to be sick of it all if it goes up too early.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 11 of 23
See Most Recent

Next Sunday

Will have all the family round for lunch then clear the table and the trees (yes we have 3) go up and the elves come out, we play really cheesy xmas tunes on the cd player ,crack open a bottle of bubbly and a few beers, munch choccys and really make a big day of it

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 12 of 23
See Most Recent

As soon as I can pluck up the courage to climb into the loft!. lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 13 of 23
See Most Recent

@mouse4702 wrote:

The rule for me is:UP,10days before; DOWN, 10 days after.  But I won't be bothering as I have limited space for a tree, and CATS as well!

daughter sent me these pics for people who do not have much room for a tree

#images.jpg

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 14 of 23
See Most Recent

We have a flat tree - just unroll it and hang it on the wall. It is complete with lights, bows and baubles, but we usually add extra decorations.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 15 of 23
See Most Recent

I'm lucky as we were away most of december last year we didn't bother with deccies but Mr Lazygit didn't put them up in the loft the previous year so they're stacked on one of the spare beds so I'll sort out tomorrow & put up on about 14th.
We always had a 6-7ft tree but I've bought myself a little 4ft pre-lit this year
Normally have one in the conservatory as well but it's out of bounds due to a roof leak this year (the whole roof is being replaced soon), so I'm not bothering with that one. Trying to make an effort but not feeling very festive this year.
Photobucket
Message 16 of 23
See Most Recent

It does get better Gina, I promiseyou!! Just go with the flow.(((())))

**********Sam**********
Message 17 of 23
See Most Recent

Me neither.  I guess my grandson will help me put it up (it's about 10ft tall I think)  and I'm not going up the steps that high!

There's a house across the road (not right opposite) have all their coloured lights outside.  It looks pretty.

Message 18 of 23
See Most Recent

The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.

This Christmas Gina is a very important one for you.  I wish you sharing and joy and fun and laughter with your family heart  Merry Christmas, don't let him rob you of that too, Carol xx.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 19 of 23
See Most Recent

I'll put the Christms tree up, but not the rest of the decorations as we are going to my daughters for Christmas this year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please bear in mind that what you think I said may not be what I think I meant
Message 20 of 23
See Most Recent