What would be your ideal job if you could wave a magic wand and make it so?

mouse4702
Conversationalist

Or maybe you are doing it?  Following on from a post on here about "finding your vocation", I wonder if any - or all - of us have found ours yet?

Message 1 of 45
See Most Recent
44 REPLIES 44

Yes I found mine in fairness I always had it but in the last year I have returned to it full time. My only regret is although I've been able to do quite a lot in a short space of time ,if I'd done it sooner I may have been able to do more.

**********Sam**********
Message 2 of 45
See Most Recent

It's good, though, that you had it, and have it.  May I ask what it is or is that being over-nosey?

Message 3 of 45
See Most Recent

lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 4 of 45
See Most Recent

I have always wanted to work as a marine biologist, studying whales, sharks and dolphins in the wild, and swimming with them.

Would have to be a really good magic wand as I can't even swim or stand up now. I never was a very good swimmer.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 5 of 45
See Most Recent

Aw Stroppy.  Come and have a holiday in Pembrokeshire.  You can go out in boats and see them, and we have two centres of the Field Studies Council where they do exactly that.

***Thinks Sam must be something glam or top secret and dangerous***

Message 6 of 45
See Most Recent

I should have been a vet 😞 . I got  4 great A levels , loved science loved animals but for some reason never thought about being a vet, Ended up being a pharmacist and I hate it more with every year I do it.

Or a mechanic... never happier than when spinning spanners and up to my ears in grease.

Message 7 of 45
See Most Recent

I'm a stripper! LOL. I HASTEN TO ADD IM NOT! no offence to any strippers of course, creeps away before I dig a bigger hole,

**********Sam**********
Message 8 of 45
See Most Recent

I loved my job ...I always wanted to be a teacher even as a child...

I gave up my job when I had my own children and was very happy being at home . When they started school I took some extra training and went into early years ( nursery ) ....I loved it even more ...it was the best job of all.

Eventually the paperwork took over ....too many ticklists , not enough time spent with the children .......not enough hours in the day ....it took over my life ...however I loved every minute of it and can truly say I had the best job in the world .....
Message 9 of 45
See Most Recent

I always wanted to be a vet but did not get the exams,,or i was not clever enough if im honest. My Niece became one and im proud of her.

Or i wanted to work with Animals,,,should of done really.Woman Happy

Message 10 of 45
See Most Recent

You still could Rose if it's really what you want to do make inquiries !

**********Sam**********
Message 11 of 45
See Most Recent

I really don't know! I have so little ambition.... which is why I am doing what I do now, to try to get inspired. To get some motivation...

IS ALSO NOT A STRIPPER
Message 12 of 45
See Most Recent

Yes i think really im not brave enought to say im not really very motivated any more and have never been ambitious so to speak. Im always thinking i just want to get by and pay my bills thats the priority!!!. Yes maybe it is or it could be a cop out!!!. LOL

Message 13 of 45
See Most Recent

My dream job would have to include quilting , patchwork , sewing or fabric ,   not a fabric shop though or i'd never have any wages left Cat LOL

I did once  do soft furnishing , curtains , upholstery etc & loved it until lugging the huge rolls of fabric became impossible due to illness .  

Is intrigued by Sam 's job now come on Sam tell us pleeese 🙂

Doesn't Sam work with sheep & cows? Perhaps she is a vet?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 15 of 45
See Most Recent

I would loved to have been a ballet dancer, I adored dancing and met Margot Fonteyn when I was younger at a Royal Ballet summer school, sadly I was too small and my star didn't shine quite bright enough as she put it, which I now thinking back think was a lovely way of putting it but at 14 I was heartbroken.  I was told I would have a future doing something like the young generation or something like that, but it wasn't ballet.   My big regret in life but it wasn't to be.

Message 16 of 45
See Most Recent

I always wanted to be a dairy farmer's wife, and milk the cows. I have always had a love of cows.

mind you, I'd have cried my leg off when they had to go to market!! but then again......weee calves .... aawwww

I've been a nurse, PA (pain in the a*r*e my boss used to call me but he did say when he had to move down to Reading that he was losing his right arm losing me...which was lovely), ran a post office, and a host of other things. Apart from the nursing, I just couldn't seem to settle at a job.

I've been in this one 15yrs purely because I don't want responsibility anymore and it's handy.

ooooh.....but the coo's........

Photobucket

Message 17 of 45
See Most Recent

Aah Ed! That's so sad & sweet, give us a twirl& get up on your points?.

**********Sam**********
Message 18 of 45
See Most Recent

Gawd Sam, I would break my ankle if I tried to do that now.  The other thing I would like to have been is a linguist at the United Nations don't ask me why just fancied it.

That's why I work in a supermarket now, never mind I have had a good life none the less, have good friends and get to do most of the things I want to do, apart from going to Paris with the OH, he really doesn't want to go, I have been loads of times and would love to show him, but he has dug his heals in.

Message 19 of 45
See Most Recent

If I had been clever enough & would have liked to be a pathologist or forensic scientist. I find the subject fascinating.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 20 of 45
See Most Recent