What a dummy!

Wife bought me a puzzle - two 500 piece Christmas puzzles in the same box: they were.  I opened it up to find the two puzzles were in three bags!  Not only do I have to do both puzzles at the same time, I've got the added pleasure of trying to work out which piece belongs to which puzzle!

I ask you, what a Herbert!  It'll take me till next  Christmas to sort it all out! Man LOL 

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

What a dummy!

well she know's how to keep you occupied and out of her hair LOL ,good luck Fred

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

What a dummy!

we once done a 200 peice one which was split in to 4 by a decorative border and each of the then 4 pics was the same scene in spring summer autumn and winter and in all four pics the pieces werer the same..took us about 8 months to do...good luck with yours..

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

What a dummy!

I would put it in the bin 🙂
Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

What a dummy!

...what a fabulous gift that keeps on giving, lets hope all the pieces are there 😉 lol

(I wonder what you get this Christmas? The mind truly boggles...)

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

What a dummy!

Two puzzles I could never do - a 3D puzzles or even worse a Photomosaic puzzle.  Even though the photmosaic puzzle has larger pieces than a conventional puzzle being made up of thousands of smaller images, it's very difficult to make sense of it.  It took me four hours to get five pieces together - in the end I dumped it.  It needs a very strong magnifying glass too.

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

What a dummy!

You start off by counting the pieces.  Like a Ravensburger or Clementoni, Gibsons 1000 piece puzzles contain 1008 pieces, so if I count out 1008 pieces I know it's all there.

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

What a dummy!

Ratger you than me Fred.......no patience.
Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

What a dummy!

My grandson has all the Ravensburger 3D puzzles, all made up on shelves in his bedroom.  He loves them!

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

What a dummy!

SEVEN pieces missing - doh!: Kismet - fate.  I don't make a mistake either.  I have a foolproof method: ten stacks of ten in a lid i.e. one hundred per lid straight into a bag.  I don't know why people do it.  They're not stupid - they MUST know there are pieces missing, so why the hell give it to a charity shop in the first place?  All they're doing is getting the shop a bad name.  It only needs to happen a few times and nobody will buy anything from them.  What they do is beyond contempt.  I was a puzzle king at one stage - had over 150 of them but I've only got about forty now.  I think I'll stick to plates and collector's books - less hassle!  I support British Heart and CR - Cancer Research.  I have a donor card for both places.  Any incomplete puzzles just go straight into the bin as has happened in this case.  The same as collector's plates - if they're chipped they too get dumped.  

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

What a dummy!

You could make the missing piece up after you have completed the puzzle. Just put a piece of blank paper under the missing part, draw round the shape with a pencil, cut out that piece making sure you cut outside the pencil line then sick that onto thicker card. Let it dry then cut out, use an emery board to round off little bits that dont fit, and if you are artisitc draw and colour in the picture piece. You could always put a ? on it instead! lol

Now are you bored? lol, have fun. 

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

What a dummy!

@5129frederick wrote:

Wife bought me a puzzle - two 500 piece Christmas puzzles in the same box: they were.  I opened it up to find the two puzzles were in three bags!  Not only do I have to do both puzzles at the same time, I've got the added pleasure of trying to work out which piece belongs to which puzzle!

I ask you, what a Herbert!  It'll take me till next  Christmas to sort it all out! Man LOL 

She's keeping you quiet & out of mischief fred Woman LOL

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent