Update on Tweet the budgie

Well, he grew his feathers back on his chest, then a few weeks later started to lose them again, and now they are growing back again. BUT.....what is worrying me is that he has almost stopped swearing!!!! His main phrases now are "Stop it" closely followed by "Give up." AND he is talking in a quieter voice. Just wanted to share that bit of lightheartedness with you, seeing as I am bored as there is nothing on TV only football! Maybe he is just maturingSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 107
See Most Recent
106 REPLIES 106

ooooh I think I preferred him when he swore hahahahaa!!!

well I'm glad his feathers came back. Who keeps telling him to stop it? now you've got me curious, stop what??laffin smiley.gif

Photobucket

Message 2 of 107
See Most Recent

I'm glad that Tweet is getting his feathers back Carol.  I wonder why he's stopped swearing.

Message 3 of 107
See Most Recent

Its  me when  I let Tweet sit on my hand, then he bites me so I tell him to stop it or give up, LOL  Yes, he was more entertaining when he swore, CB. I have said to him a few times , "Tweet, that's naughty, swearing like that." Can only be coincidence that he's stopped; either that or he's more intelligent than I think, ha,ha.

Message 4 of 107
See Most Recent

I don't know, Chris. As for the feathers, he's still a bit patchy on his chest, don't know what it is.

Message 5 of 107
See Most Recent

aawwww bless, lovely little birdie xxx I love budgies, they're very entertaining.

Photobucket

Message 6 of 107
See Most Recent

Glad Tweet is a lot more himself,,,,tweet tweet,,,hugs to tweet ((())) ((()))xxxxheart

Message 7 of 107
See Most Recent

Thanks, Rose. He has a basketball toy that fastens onto the bars of his cage and he is always getting a goal; puts the England team to shame! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 107
See Most Recent

lol. Perhaps they should have had him playing we might have got on better, he certainly would have been more entertaining.

**********Sam**********
Message 9 of 107
See Most Recent

And he would have been "cheeper." Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 107
See Most Recent

LOL. Yea! Nice one! LOL.

**********Sam**********
Message 11 of 107
See Most Recent

LOL,,,,thats funny LOL,.. Woman LOL

Message 12 of 107
See Most Recent

Well - Tweet has started swearing again; he is so funny. Only problem is, I have a friend coming for a cuppa tomorrow; she hasnt been to the house before; maybe she wont come again if Tweet starts his repertoire. This friend doesn't swear! Help! Although I am pleased he's back on form, ha,ha.

Message 13 of 107
See Most Recent

Good luck for tomorrow Carol.  I hope that Tweet doesn't get up to his old tricks whilst your friend is there.

Message 14 of 107
See Most Recent

Naughty Little Tweet!!!!!Woman LOL

Message 15 of 107
See Most Recent

How has Tweet behaved today Carol?  I hope that he was on his best behaviour.

Message 16 of 107
See Most Recent

I'm dying to know if your friend fainted with shock! lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 17 of 107
See Most Recent

Pleased to say Tweet behaved with his language. My friend was a bit upset as he reminded her so much of a Budgie that she once had and she loves Budgies. He's  talking his little head off right now, I bet he enjoyed himself this afternoon, seeing someone new and doing a bit of earwigging! LOL

Message 18 of 107
See Most Recent

I'm pleased that Tweet behaved himself Carol.

Message 19 of 107
See Most Recent

I read the story of somebody who'd paid a small fortune for a mature parrot.  He returned it to the shop the next day and had a hell of a row with the owner, telling him his parrot was ill and had breathing problems.  The shop owner denied it of course.  Next stop was the vets who gave it a thorough going over.

"Heartbeat, normal, temperature OK.  Nothing wrong with it."  Right on cue, it started coughing and spluttering, THEN came the cue - it swore!  It finally twigged - the bird had belonged to an old man with health problems, as as he coughed and spat into a tissue, so too did the parrot!  It was missing it's owner who'd "gone yonder" and was immitating his ills perfectly.  The vet, although relieved and sympathetic, didn't have so much sympathy - he still presented the new owner with a hefty bill - more than what he'd paid for the bird in the first place!  I dare say the parrot picked up a few more choice words after that!Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 20 of 107
See Most Recent