Update on Tweet the budgie

Well, he grew his feathers back on his chest, then a few weeks later started to lose them again, and now they are growing back again. BUT.....what is worrying me is that he has almost stopped swearing!!!! His main phrases now are "Stop it" closely followed by "Give up." AND he is talking in a quieter voice. Just wanted to share that bit of lightheartedness with you, seeing as I am bored as there is nothing on TV only football! Maybe he is just maturingSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 107
See Most Recent
106 REPLIES 106

Sad but funny as well. lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 21 of 107
See Most Recent

laffin.giflove it!!

good on ya Tweet!! keep at it mate, you give us all a laugh even those of us who can't here you,

Photobucket

Message 22 of 107
See Most Recent

Me and my friend were watching the youtube of Disco the Budgie,,,well he calls himself a Parrakeet. Has anyone seen this and is he talking for real like that??, can they really natter along like this?. Its very funny.Woman LOL

Message 23 of 107
See Most Recent

Awww just watched the vid's of Disco the budgie; Tweet was listening, he never made a sound whilst the vids were on. He can mimic my dogs barking; plus he has a lot of phrases that I cant understand yet. He's been talking non-stop today; what he does is, he starts talking, then if I dont talk to him, he says "Hello" but says it as a question until I reply. Today's most used phrase from him  is "Hello, Sweetheart." Not heard any swearing yet, he must know its Sunday, LOL.

Message 24 of 107
See Most Recent

Years ago I knew of a group of drunken university students who were forcefully evicted from London Zoo.  They staggered into the bird house where there was this parrot quite happily minding it's own business until one of them decidied to try to teach it to swear!  What started off as one drunken loonie soon spread and in next to no time you had twenty drunken London University students all screaming "Eff, eff, eff". at the top of their voice completely oblivious as refined middle aged ladies tried to stear their young neices away from a load of strange men!

Message 25 of 107
See Most Recent

Yes me and my friend are always saying the phrases that Disco says when we want a hilarious moment,,like "dont put baby bird in the corner" or "never shake a baby bird". Its lovely really what they say,,,amazing!!.

Go on Tweet you can say lots of things!!!!.

Message 26 of 107
See Most Recent

I took little Tweet back to the vet's this evening with the chest feather problem, he's no better. She doesn't know what it is but has taken a photo to email to a colleague at a practice about 40 miles away. Should hear from her in a couple of days. Tweet was so pleased to get back home into his normal cage; he's bashing his toys now!! Will let you know when I hear anything. I told the vet that he swears and she asked what he says. (I didnt tell herSmiley Embarassed)

Message 27 of 107
See Most Recent

I hope that you soon get the problem sorted Carol.  I'm not surprised you didn't enlighten the vet with what Tweet said.

Message 28 of 107
See Most Recent

OOhhhh dear i hope hes polite to the nice vet LOL,LOL,LOL. Behave Tweet. ((())). Hope hes ok Carol and you too!!!((())):womanhappy:

Message 29 of 107
See Most Recent

I don't think he liked his trip out to the vet's, Rose; he was swearing quite alot last night when we got back! Haven't heard anything from the vet yet. xxxx

Message 30 of 107
See Most Recent

aaww poor Tweet, do they think it may be some type of mite, or an allerty to something?

Photobucket

Message 31 of 107
See Most Recent

Aww hope sweet Tweet gets sorted.

Message 32 of 107
See Most Recent

He has been treated for mites last time I took him, CB. The vet did ask if he was pulling his feathers out himself, but he isnt and she also realised it would be virtually impossible for him to reach to that part to pull them out, he'd have to be a contortionist; not Tweet is many things, but he ain't one of those - yet! Woman HappyThanks for your good wishes, peeps; will keep you updated as I know we love animals/pets on this site. xxx

Message 33 of 107
See Most Recent

Its a shame you could not video him swearing ha ha ha,,, oh im a devil. I just think birds are so funny. My friend and me are waiting to see if her Ringnecked parrot is going to start talking. Gawd knows what shes going to come out with with us about!!! LOL.

Hugs Tweet,tweet tweet,,,tweet tweet,,,((())) ((())) ((())).heart

Message 34 of 107
See Most Recent

IMG_1159.aJPG.JPG

This is Tweet's feather loss if anyone has any ideas? It doesnt seem to bother him, he's a very happy bird and isn't scratching himself, he does the usual preening that birds do. When he lifts his head up, round his neck is bare as well. Budgie forums havent been able to help.

Everytime I try to video him, Rose, he shuts up, then when I walk away, he starts talking again!

Message 35 of 107
See Most Recent

Thats typical Carol,,,,bless him. Budgies dont have a moult do they?. I know my mates Parrot is at the moment but i did not know if Budgies were the same?. He is Beautiful. heart

Message 36 of 107
See Most Recent

Yes they do moult, Rose. But this isnt due to moulting, maybe he has an allergy or something. I suppose its very hard to diagnose his problem unless an Avian  vet would know. There aren't any round here. xx

Message 37 of 107
See Most Recent

Ohhhhh i see,,, yes that would be difficult then. They need to specialize in Birds yes.heartx

Message 38 of 107
See Most Recent

Well, I've spoken to the vet, she hasnt had a reply to her email yet, but has spoken to someone else who is knowlegeable about birds; there are a few things it could be, the main one being that he is pulling the feathers out himself, or a virus, follicle dystrophy etc OR -  he could be sexually frustrated! Ooh-erSmiley Happy See what else we find out next week.

Message 39 of 107
See Most Recent

well that's enough to make anyone swear lol!! it's not good you'll have to get him a girlfriend!!

Photobucket

Message 40 of 107
See Most Recent