Type 2 Diabetes

Can anyone who is type 2 diabetic please sum up how it affects their life please?

......................................................................................................................

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer!
Message 1 of 77
See Most Recent
76 REPLIES 76

Type 2 Diabetes

Further to that, yes you can have fruit but be careful as too much fructose is as bad, apples, pears , melon,are ok!

**********Sam**********
Message 41 of 77
See Most Recent

Type 2 Diabetes

Thanks saasher.

No tablets, just diet controlled.

Just been shopping and bought the lowest sugar stuff I could find. Lots of meat, veg and fruit.

Sugar free mints and ricecakes.

......................................................................................................................

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer!
Message 42 of 77
See Most Recent

Type 2 Diabetes

Oh that's good news then, don't panic buy! Do things gradually , I'm amazed you haven't been put in touch with a dietician , you can google Diabetics it would give you more information on a diet control diabetic, the no carb can be very confusing.

**********Sam**********
Message 43 of 77
See Most Recent

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you got this book?

**********Sam**********
Message 44 of 77
See Most Recent

Type 2 Diabetes

I'm finding it really hard with the hours I work to stop eating so many carbs...

I must admit I am a carb addict, which is a true complaint, I haven't made it up.

I love porridge but it doesn't fill me, so I have wheat based cereal but it's carbs!!! I can't win.

I'm up at 5am, then it's break at 9.45 then lunch at 2.30, then supper at 7, plus if I am hungry by midday I have to sneak something in there....you don't realise how easy life was before you were diabetic.....

Photobucket

Message 45 of 77
See Most Recent

Type 2 Diabetes

where did you get that book from Sam? I could do with that. at times I'm just so confused about eating, tbh, I don't think I like food it just complicates things, so I eat the wrong things just to get mealtimes over with..........

Photobucket

Message 46 of 77
See Most Recent

Type 2 Diabetes

Yes I know what you mean CB, it can get you down until you find the lifestyle that suits& there is a lot of conflicting information about. I also am up early & my job can be very physical , I always have porridge but I always have a sand which between 10& 11am in the morning if poss I have dinner at about 4pm& odd occasions I will have a snack about 9pm, I'm lucky if I need a break during work hours I get it , I luckily have never been overweight & don't really have a sweet tooth but I really feel for those that do. It does take time & patience to get to where you want to be , but you will & you'll feel the better for it I promise . I'm going to post the contents of this little booklet even if the other poster has it. OK?.

**********Sam**********
Message 47 of 77
See Most Recent

Type 2 Diabetes

Please bear with me, as I've got to do it page by page, let me know your thoughts?

**********Sam**********
Message 48 of 77
See Most Recent

Type 2 Diabetes

**********Sam**********
Message 49 of 77
See Most Recent

Type 2 Diabetes

I'm having trouble posting because of post flooding I'll try again later.

**********Sam**********
Message 50 of 77
See Most Recent

Type 2 Diabetes

See what I mean

**********Sam**********
Message 51 of 77
See Most Recent

Type 2 Diabetes

Fourth page

**********Sam**********
Message 52 of 77