TWO watchers on 38 items - wow! eBay right for a takeover?

Even with a second consequate free listing weekend I couldnt muster the entheusiasm to even list half of what I've got up for sale.  People on other sites have admitted they haven't sold anything for weeks, and even with watchers, punters are doing just that - watching.  People are surmising it could be the World Cup - it isn't.  I suggest the real reason behind this lack lustre effect is because despite sweet words and promises, regardless of password changing, on-line security is a joke.  If I go into my Account Overview I'm required to log in using my new password - SOMETIMES  it will work - if it doesn't I get into it using my OLD password, and it opens it up no problem - secure as houses?  Yeah - right.  It is for that reason I only have a few pence in my account.  Do you think for one second I'd leave several thousand pounds in my account under the present circumstances?

Regardless, in my opinion, eBay are ripe for a takeover - I'd give it eighteen months - See if I'm wrong.

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Your money will be in your paypal account, that is separate from ebay in as much as it's security was not compromised at all... Any how, I thought you were winding down your selling?
Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

i think he gotsome free listings the other weekend

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

#2 & #3

Right on both counts.  You'll notice they are free listings.  So while it's costing me nothing I may as well stick around.  Up to three consequtive relistings, but as soon as I am asked to pay for the relistings, that's when I'll wind it down.  Rats on a sinking ship?  This ship - eBay, is leaking at the bilges.  I hate the present "Page views" system, because it just rubs salt into the wound that your average page view let alone watcher, averages out at two - when it's that bad, I'd rather not know!Smiley LOL  At least others - book sellers site are facing the same problems as me - we're all in the same boat.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Well Fred, I have one item with 204 page views and 13 watchers, so what does that mean in Ebay parlance?  Are they all waiting for their monthly pay day?

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

I can answer that, I have several items I'm watching, not that I'm wanting to bid for but because I haven't sold for awhile & I'm keeping an eye on what they go for, for future reference & I suspect a lot of watchers are doing the same.

**********Sam**********
Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

You could be right - electric guitars attract scores of watchers but no bidders.  I suspect that they too have a similar item but want to get "the right price".  I've done it myself, usually with Flymo's.

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

I am winding it down.  Just checked my "unsold items".  The first two of them:  "Relist at 35p or recommend special at 70p"

No thank you.  just deleted them both.  Starting how I intend to continue.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent