Supermarket Home Delivery

I believe that someone here is an order picker for home delivery.

What sort of training do these people get regarding substitutions.

I had a delivery yesterday, I had ordered a set of printer inks for my printer

I chose the hp364 which is correct for my printer, but this was substituted with hp363

As this is no good for my printer, I gave it back to the driver and was subsequently refunded.

Surely the pickers should know that ink cartridges are type specific.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

I think the person you are referring to mustard is CB. Maybe the one that picked for you is a seasonal worker and not really trained as such.

The one thing I do know is that the jobs the pickers do is hard work and a thankless job and they have to put up with some very ignorant shoppers when trying to do their job.

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

On most supermarket shopping sites you can select "no substitutions" for either specific items or for the whole order. Some let you put in information about what substitutions are acceptable, for instance, another brand acceptable, but not a different cartridge.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

agree with stroppy.i always fill in my substitutions column.with either another choice or if there is something which i do not want substituted i click that and printer cartridges i would certainly click no substitute...i also have never had a problem.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

yes it's me!

how right you are dark...it can be a nightmare sometimes.

regarding the printing ink, when we say the item is not in store our scanners show a "reasonable substitute" but they are sometimes way off the mark, for instance once it told me to substitute a certain shampoo with a comb!!!! We can overide this and put in what we think it a better sub. As for the cartridges, I would check with the booklet besides the cartridges to see if I could find a proper sub. If not I wouldn't send it.

At least you can return stuff without a problem.

Photobucket

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Ive never had any problems myself however I have heard a few tales. Like subbing chicken nuggets for a whole chicken and wine gums for a bottle of wine, I just put that down to a dozy multiskiller who just read what was recommended instead of using their noddle.
Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Sounds a bit like ebays "suggestions to compliment your purchase".. I buy a part for a VW Bora, and they think I need a golf caddy to go with it.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

@023mjc wrote:

Sounds a bit like ebays "suggestions to compliment your purchase".. I buy a part for a VW Bora, and they think I need a golf caddy to go with it.

yH_x2wFGwZ96INQJhbhJ.gif

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

the substitution that comes up on the scanner is supposed to be something someone has subbed before....hhhmmm a comb in place of shampoo?

Photobucket

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Well I suppose that both shampoo and comb can be used on hair.  Common sense doesn't enter into it though does it?

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

that's the thing Chris, someone must have done that for it to suggest it!!

Younger pickers or people who have been told to come and help and do a shop don't .really think sometimes.

Please be nice to us this Christmas if you are trying to get past us!

Photobucket

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent