Sister's Cat

My sister and her husband have to have their beautiful little cat pts this

lunchtime.  She's 27, a real legend, but her old age has caught up with

her and her little back legs can't support her any more.  She's not a happy

little cat and they know the time has come.

So sad.  She couldn't have had a better or more loving home.  Bless her,

and may the end of her road here be the beginning of an even more

beautiful one.

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

Sister's Cat

Awww how sad. Well she has obviously been well cared for and loved to live to the ripe old age of 27. That is the only downside of having pets, we all know the time will come when we have to do the kind and right thing. Very upsetting time indeed.

Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

Sister's Cat

OMG OMG 27???. That is a ripe old age indeed Fishy. My other cat was 18 when she went and i thought that was old!!. Its very sad and a hard thing to do but she will be at peace. Shes had a good life. I hope your sister is ok coping with it. ((())).xxx

Woman Sad

Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

Sister's Cat

It seems to be the year for saying goodbye to old friends , the pain experienced is lessened by the memories left behind, & for myself I'd rather have that than not have had the well loved little friend , my heart goes out to them!.

**********Sam**********
Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

Sister's Cat

Thanks Calibra & Rose.

I know many of us have been there and nothing makes it any easier.

She is a truly gentle little cat and I know they'll miss her so much.  They were

devoted to her.  She was one of a pair they adopted when they were 12 (the cats, not

my sister) and the other little one died last year. 

I feel helpless as there isn't anything I can do except just be around if needed.

Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

Sister's Cat

Awww, that is such sad news, any animal having to be put down for whatever reason is always a sad thing 😞 My thoughts go out to them 😞
Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

Sister's Cat

Thats all you can do me love,,,. She and her family will appreciate you just being there hun. heart. God bless the little cat!!!. aww.

Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

Sister's Cat

Awww that's sad.  Your sister and her family will be feeling terrible at the moment.  It's a horrible feeling when a much loved pet finally goes to Rainbow Bridge.

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

Sister's Cat

What a fabulous age, and so many lovely memories, always sad to loose an animal, and we have had to say goodbye to a few over the years.

Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

Sister's Cat

gosh thats a long time

i just googled

the oldest cat was 39Smiley Indifferent

wow

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

Sister's Cat

poor puss but what a lovely age!

Photobucket

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

Sister's Cat

Poor little thing, I'm so sorry, its one of the hardest decisions to make isn't it but you mustn't let your heart rule your head heart

It took me well over a year before I was able to get another cat after losing our last one & then this pic from HCR just happened to pop up on FB one day last Aug & I was smitten. Now we have an elderly Lab that  has a tummy covered in huge lumps & bumps that worry me to death 😞

What  a fantastic age though Smiley Surprised  all our puss cats have gone between 14 - 16yrs so that is amazing Smiley Very Happy

Run free & meet you sibling little puss  heart

" I do love knitting patterns.”
-- Dumbledore, The Half-Blood Prince (2005)
Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

Sister's Cat

Oh thanks you everyone for your kind words.  I'll show this to my sister and brother in law,

I know they'll appreciate it.

Yes, it was a wonderful age for a pussycat to live to, honestly I thought it was a pretty good

age when our lovely Paws Cat lived to be 21.

I remember that legendary cat who lived in the ladies' loos at Paddington Station - Tiddles

I think his name was (very original!)m - I think he was 36 when he died.  He was everso big

though, a massive tabby cat.

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent