Posting a card to Cyprus

It's a relative's birthday on 25th of this month, he lives in Cyprus. Does anyone know when I need to post the card by? I asked in my local post office last year and was met with a very sarcastic, "I don't know!" Thanks in advance for any info Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Posting a card to Cyprus

For Cyprus I would allow about 8 days from posting so the 17th would be the latest I would mail from the UK.

Make sure you have put an 'air mail' sticker on the top left hand corner of the envelope and get it stamped at the post office as any under paid letters will be turned around at Heathrow and will come back to you via Belfast in about 8 weeks time.

Don't forget to put your return address on the back of the envelope.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Posting a card to Cyprus

For Cyprus I would allow about 8 days from posting so the 17th would be the latest I would mail from the UK.

Make sure you have put an 'air mail' sticker on the top left hand corner of the envelope and get it stamped at the post office as any under paid letters will be turned around at Heathrow and will come back to you via Belfast in about 8 weeks time.

Don't forget to put your return address on the back of the envelope.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Posting a card to Cyprus

Thank you Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Posting a card to Cyprus

post it now and write do not open til the 25th on it

they'll know what that means to them and hopefully save it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Posting a card to Cyprus

I'm going there on the 12th ............. post it to me & I'll take it with me Smiley Wink

I'd say allow a week  for delivery from the uk Smiley Happy

" I do love knitting patterns.”
-- Dumbledore, The Half-Blood Prince (2005)
Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Posting a card to Cyprus

I would post it now.  I posted a Christmas Card to Cyprus at the beginning of December and it arrived at ........................................ EASTER!!!

It caused great amusement because my friends insisted on displaying it, and their visitors wondered why on earth they still had a christmas card up at Easter.

So post early and put "do not open until" on the envelope 🙂

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Posting a card to Cyprus

I posted the card yesterday and put "open on 25th" on the back. Asked my cousin to let me know when he receives it, so that I know in future. At this rate, I'll be sending his Christmas card next month, LOL

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent