Naughty, but very, VERY NICE!!! LOL!!!

Went to Sainsbury's today.  Wife insisted I have a cup of tea and something to eat while she went round the shop, assuming I was going to have a ham roll or something, so I did.  She winced and then laughed when she saw what I got myself - a really thich slice of two tiered chocolate gateau complete with real clotted Cornish cream (not this half cream people have in coffee)  This was the real Mccoy!  I'm just glad my nurse never saw me: she would have bitten my headoff - I'm type 2 diabetic.  Had I tested my sugar level then it would have gone off the scale!  An hour and a half later I am soooo bloated.  Wife tells me I'm mad.  I agree.  What a way to go though! Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Very nice in deed.i have a cake once a week as a treat.but it is years since I had anything like what you had.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

As I said, I shouldn't have anything like that, being diabetic type 2.  I don't tempt fate - that would be foolhardy, but once in a blue moon I do go off the wagon.

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

Ooooo although I'm not a chocky craver I would dearly love to down a Death By Chocolate pud! Mmmmmm! Slurp!!.

**********Sam**********
Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

@5129frederick wrote:

but once in a blue moon I do go off the wagon.

Fell off the wagon,got run over by the wagon,trampled by the horses of the following wagon and when you come out of ya coma we'll batter you some more for falling off in the first place......

smilie bored.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

I'm in for a rough ride then!Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

oooh clotted cream my absolute fave cream, the crusty bit is mind blowing!!!

I buy some only once a year, in the summer to have with strawberries.

I was told by a guy at the Diabetic Assc. that you aren't meant to eat fish and cardboard for the rest of your life, to have a treat is fine....

so I do.....pass the cream!!

Photobucket

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

I'll remember that as I look lovingly at the ice cream van! lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

Strangely enough, that's one thing I'm not a great lover of - I'd rather have a steamed syrup pudding and custard even if it was 90F in the shade!

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

Ooooh now your talking! lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent