Meet Mr Tweet's New Friend

Bought another Budgie this morningSmiley Happy Got him in a temporary cage until he settles in, he's still a bit nervous; will introduce him to Tweet in a day or so. I'm calling him SKY due to his lovely colouring and the white band across his chest looks like a cloud. Hope the Tweeters will welcome him to FHG. xx

Message 1 of 151
See Most Recent
150 REPLIES 150

Hope that Mr Tweet, Master Sky and Carol are all well today.  I also hope that Tweet isn't teaching Sky any bad habits.

Message 21 of 151
See Most Recent

Hi Tweeters; I'm ok thanks and Tweet and Sky are "sort of" getting on better; they are sat on the same perch. Sky is making cute little chirpy sounds to Tweet, but when he gets too near, Tweet opens his beak and warns him off. Tweet has gone quiet again, but last night he definitely claimed his place on the swing at bedtime and let Sky know who was the boss. I got up at 1-30 this morning just to check on them both, LOL Pleased to say Sky is eating his Trill, bought some Broccoli but he hasnt eaten any yet (as you know, Tweet doesnt like it) but he has licked his carrot and lettuce, Smiley Happy It will be strange for Tweet to have company, hope he will like it eventually.

Message 22 of 151
See Most Recent

We dont want any naughty TWOSOME Swearing battles!!!. They will gradually adapt to each other. Tweet will be happy as Larry!!!!!. Im so pleased they are getting on Carol!!!!.Woman Very Happy

Message 23 of 151
See Most Recent

Well, I've never known Tweet be so quiet; hope I've done the right thing by trying to help him and getting him a pal. Sky doesn't seem to like Broccoli, but I'll keep putting some in the cage, it's early days yet and he's still settling in.

Message 24 of 151
See Most Recent

Ladies those colours are playing havoc with my eyes thus morning.

I am sure they will get on fine eventually. Our two dogs took a while and now they are best buddies.
Message 25 of 151
See Most Recent

Hope TWEET and new BUDDIE!!! Sky are ok???. And hope all the Tweeters are lively this afternoon and CHIRPY TOO!!!!!.heart

Message 26 of 151
See Most Recent

Afternoon all. I hope that Mr Tweet and Master Sky and Carol of course are well today.

Message 27 of 151
See Most Recent

Yes we are all well thank you. Tweet and Master Sky are tolerating each other; Sky is going up to Tweet wanting to be friends, but  Tweet just flies off. I'm sure they will accept each other in time. Bought them a couple of activity toys today. Hope the Tweeters are well.

Message 28 of 151
See Most Recent

Hiya! I'm sure as long as they can get away from each other so that a full scale fight doesn't break out in time they will settle down!

**********Sam**********
Message 29 of 151
See Most Recent

Forgot to say, Sky is eating his Broccoli Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 151
See Most Recent

Great news! Daft as it sounds jealousy might just with a bit of luck get Mr Tweet eating it now!.

**********Sam**********
Message 31 of 151
See Most Recent

Yes it would be good if Mr Tweet ate some Broccoli too. Poor little chap, he was halfway up his ladder and Sky was stood on the perch at the top and wouldn't let him up! Think Sky is trying to rule the roost, LOL Good fun watching them. Tweet is still very quiet, hardly talking let alone swearing.

Message 32 of 151
See Most Recent

I hope that when Tweet gets used to Sky, he will be back to the normal Tweet.

Message 33 of 151
See Most Recent

Good morning to the loyal band of Tweeters; Mr Tweet, Master Sky and myself are well today thank you (or I would be if I could get rid of my lousy backache! If it ain't one thing it's another, LOL) Hope you are all well? Tweet and Sky slept on the same perch, but about 6 inches apart. Still, it's a start. Seems very strange, Tweet being so quiet though. At least his chest feathers are looking better. Sky is still quiet. Maybe some sunshine on the cage would help them both; it's misty and damp here and dull; Budgies love the sun as you know.

Message 34 of 151
See Most Recent

Good Morning ,Mr Tweet, Master Sky & of course Carol. I hope things return to normal soon for both boys, perhaps because Mr Tweet is occupied with this young whippersnapper who's invaded his home he hasn't had time to think about pulling his feathers out. I suspect he is sulking or more likely trying to think up a really bad insult to throw at him! lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 35 of 151
See Most Recent

Awwwwww hope your backache is easing this morning Carol and that your ok??. Tweets probably GOBSMACKED!!!!!,,in a nice way and surprised that you got him a friend. It will take time hun for them to get to know each others ways. I suppose Sky being younger will act a bit like a lad!!!!!. Im glad their eating anyway.

TWEET Be a lovely Boy and enjoy your new friend,,,he likes you and wants to be friendly so open your little furry wings and feel the LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!. Bless them both!!Woman Happy

Message 36 of 151
See Most Recent

IMG_1713a.JPGGetting closer................

Message 37 of 151
See Most Recent

Mr Tweet looks decidedly miffed that the young Master Sky has the audacity to be playing with his toys, lol

**********Sam**********
Message 38 of 151
See Most Recent

Where's the photo gone to? Better put it on again. IMG_1713a.JPG

Message 39 of 151
See Most Recent

Carol - is that bonny wee green fella the same baldy one from a few weeks ago?  Unbelievable.  Your Master Sky is the most beautiful colour Woman Happy

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 40 of 151
See Most Recent