Meet Mr Tweet's New Friend

Bought another Budgie this morningSmiley Happy Got him in a temporary cage until he settles in, he's still a bit nervous; will introduce him to Tweet in a day or so. I'm calling him SKY due to his lovely colouring and the white band across his chest looks like a cloud. Hope the Tweeters will welcome him to FHG. xx

Message 1 of 151
See Most Recent
150 REPLIES 150

oh they look so cute together don't they? you wouldn't think those honey bars would make poor Tweet so podgy his feathers would fall out would you?

he's back to his totally handsome self now isn't he? aaawwwww bless 'em!

Photobucket

Message 41 of 151
See Most Recent

Good afternoon Tweeters.  Tweet and Sky do look good together.  I hope that they'll get on sooner rather than later.

Sorry that your back's bad Carol.  Hope that it soon feels better.

Message 42 of 151
See Most Recent

@rainydaywoman11 wrote:

Carol - is that bonny wee green fella the same baldy one from a few weeks ago?  Unbelievable.  Your Master Sky is the most beautiful colour Woman Happy

Hi Carol - yes its the same little baldy budgie; hope now he has a mate, and NO honey bars or treats, his feathers will stay on. Yes, isnt Sky lovely? Unusual colouring. there were two that I took a shine to, but my neighbour chose Sky and I'm glad she did.

Message 43 of 151
See Most Recent

Thanks, Chris, I hope my backache eases soon too; had it earlier in the year, it takes some shifting. I would like to know where my photo of Tweet and Sky has gone to; it's only showing the image number. Strange.........

Message 44 of 151
See Most Recent

Its still there Carol
Message 45 of 151
See Most Recent

Thanks, Ed. Maybe my computer is playing up because I can't see the photo at all, just the number.

Message 46 of 151
See Most Recent

I sympathise Carol. My back has been bad for five weeks now.:(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 47 of 151
See Most Recent

Hope your back eases soon, Maggie. Had mine about 2 weeks now, last time it lasted about 6 weeks. I'm using Fenbid Gel from the GP but it doesnt seem to be helping much.

Tweet and Sky slept on the same perch again last night. It was so funny, because Sky was trying to sleep and Tweet decided to start talking, he was non-stop! Think he must be trying a new tactic to get rid of Sky, LOL He's gone back to being quiet again today.

Message 48 of 151
See Most Recent

I haven't been to the docs. I find moving about is ok but sitting for any length of time is painful. I am taking painkillers & using ibuprofen gel. Glad the birds are settling down together.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 49 of 151
See Most Recent

Try a hot water bottle on your back.
Message 50 of 151
See Most Recent

I hope the Bad backs of the Tweeters eases soon,,,,,,ouch its nasty and makes it awkward to do things!!!.

Tweet and Sky look Magic together!!!!!!!. Ohhh they are close to each other in that picture Carol!!!!. Beauties they are!!!. Or Handsome i should say!!!

Love to everyone ,,,Carol ((())),,,Tweet and Sky ((()))((())):womanhappy:

Message 51 of 151
See Most Recent

Evening all. I'm glad that Tweet and Sky slept on the same perch again last night.  

Maggie, why don't you go to the doctor's about your back?  You never know, they may give you something for it.  Good luck anyway.

Message 52 of 151
See Most Recent

I have an appointment next week for something else so I will mention it. They say painkillers & gentle exercise for six weeks usually & that's what I have been doing. I might see an osteopath if it doesn't improve.

Message 53 of 151
See Most Recent

How are the boys today& is your back any better?

**********Sam**********
Message 54 of 151
See Most Recent

Hope that you get something sorted next week Maggie.

Message 55 of 151
See Most Recent

Only just managed to get back online; I'm sure the misty, damp weather has something to do with it. Don't know why I couldnt see my photo of Tweet & Sky yesterday, no problems with it today. Well - it's very entertaining watching the "boys." It looks to me like Sky is fed up of waiting for Tweet to be his friend, because he has been chasing Tweet round the cage today and when Tweet keeps moving out of reach, Sky screeches; it's so funny. And, just like last night, Sky is trying to sleep and Tweet is chattering away! Mischievous pair they are. I've noticed that Sky is not an early riser like me and Tweet; he seems to waken up after 9a.m. At least Tweet is getting a lot of exercise now, dodging Sky. My bedtime now, off to put some more Fenbid gel on my back. Sleep well, Tweeters xx

Message 56 of 151
See Most Recent

Morning Carol.  I'm glad that the boys seem to be getting on.  I'm not so glad though that your back still isn't right.  I hope that it's better soon.

Message 57 of 151
See Most Recent

Morning ! Same as above^^^^^^(((())))

**********Sam**********
Message 58 of 151
See Most Recent

Ohhhhhhh that will liven little Tweet up,,,i expect hes secretly laughin to himself at being chased!!!!. Thats so funny!!!!. Mischevious little Sky!!!!!!.

Hows you Carol???,,has your pain eased off?

It is warm today,,,gonna relax now!!!.Woman Happy

Message 59 of 151
See Most Recent

Another day of the same here - backache; Tweet being chased by Sky, LOL They have been on the same perch, staring at each other again today; I'm sure it won't be long  now before I can tell you all that they are best buddies friends! At least they are eating the seed bell together, one on each side of it. Tweet has been pulling one of his toys forwards and as he lets it go, and it swings back,  it nearly knocks Sky over! Who would think Budgies could be like that, ha,ha. Sleep well everyone. xx

Message 60 of 151
See Most Recent