Listings

It really bugs me when people don't research their listings properly, often giving false information.

I was trawling through listings for a certain type of crockery I've collected for over 30 years, so I know

a bit about it.  So many items purported to be of the type I collect clearly aren't, loads say "rare" when

they're not rare at all and can be picked up at most charity shops at one time or another.  There are

two makers who originated from the same family and made very similar items, they were two

seperate firms though with distinct differences so why do people not bother to research their items

and just list them using both makers when they are one or the other, not both and sometimes not

either?!

It's very, very annoying.  If it's somebody;'s own item then they should know where it came from and if

they are dealers just selling on, then they should know better and research properly.

I'm sure some people list and just name it as the closest thing they can think of or find on the internet

that vaguely matches the description.

OK, rant over.

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Listings

Oh no it isn't (the rant, over, I mean).

Another thing some sellers do is list something as being in the ".........." style, ie., akin to a more well-known

or potentially valuable producer when, half the time, the item being listed is nothing like whatever style the

seller is likening it to, even to an untrained eye.

Just looked up listings for a similar thing which I don't collect and don't know a great deal about but I can see

that some items listed as being "in the ....." style are nothing like it!

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Listings

It is a minefiled Fishy.  Good luck with trying to find what you want.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Listings

yep, annoys me too!

mobile phones are my thing.. and often see "rare" in the listing..

i always have to restrain myself from messaging and saying.."NO, its not!"

However, i did message one seller pointing out that the "Android" phone he was selling, actually ran on the "Bada" OS.. because that would have been a dispute waiting to happen! (And they did thank me!)

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Listings

it bugs me when they say something is vintage....boy does that cover a huge time era! no it's not vintage it's just a little bit old....or rare, now that does get my goat up!!!

Photobucket

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Listings

Some sellers probably think that vintage means that it was made last week if not yesterday.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Listings

Oh I know Ailsa, some people say stuff is vintage when it's currently available from high street shops and supermarkets! You're right Books. I think if something is vintage it has to be from at least thirty years ago, more like about 50.
Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent