Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jinfgle all the way.....................................

I love 'Rocking Around the Christmas Tree and a few others - which ones do you like?

I remember Eartha Kitt singing 'Santa Baby slip a sable under the tree for me' - she was terrific,

Over to you

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 1 of 21
See Most Recent
20 REPLIES 20

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jinfgle all the way.....................................

mouse4702
Conversationalist

I prefer the carols, Carol, possibly because I'm Pagan and like a bit of religion in the season.  But as for the "pop" Christmas songs, no matter what they are I like to give it some decibels as I'm shopping.  Today I was in B&M bellowing along to the muzak - I bet they're heartily sorry they ever put it on.

Message 2 of 21
See Most Recent

SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS.

Yes, I like the carols too, had all the Christmsd CDs playing today as I worked about.

Message 3 of 21
See Most Recent

Okay okay, keep yer 'air on Missus!  (loves Carol xxxx)

What I'd really like is to find someone else singing as they shop, and do a duet.  Sadly when us singers come face to face, we clam up

Message 4 of 21
See Most Recent

Last Christmas wham. Santa baby and little drummer boy with Bing Crosby and david Bowie.
Message 5 of 21
See Most Recent

Fairytale of New York and Happy Xmas (War is Over), John Lennon.

Message 6 of 21
See Most Recent

I like the Boney M version of Mary's Boy Child.  I also like the tradtional carols as well.

Message 7 of 21
See Most Recent

I like all carols and songs (except Fairtale of New York, I can't stand it) but I have a soft spot for When a child is born by Johnny Mathis.  This is because my son had to do the speaking part in the Christmas show at school when he was about 8 or 9.  I was soooo nervous for him, especially because when he was rehearsing he would mess about and instead of saying 'They were waiting for one child, black, white, yellow, no-one knows' he would say, 'green, blue, purple, with a big nose.'  I was so scared he would forget and say that on stage!    (He didn't)  Woman LOL

Message 8 of 21
See Most Recent

"All I Want for Christmas Is You"  Mariah Carey, 

Stop the cavalry - jona lewie,

Merry christmas everyone - Shakin Stevens ,

wonderful christmas time - paul McCartney

"Driving Home For Christmas" - Chris Rea

"I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" - Jimmy Boyd

"It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" - Perry Como & The Fontana Sisters

and the list goes on .......................

love traditional Carols too,

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 9 of 21
See Most Recent

Traditional Carols for me, but also Whams Last Christmas,

**********Sam**********
Message 10 of 21
See Most Recent

I thought long & hard & came up with these: (in no particular order)

Fairy Tale of New York - Pouges/Kirsty MacColl

I Believe in Father Christmas - Greg Lake

Solstice Bells - Jethro Tull

Baby it's Cold Outside - Tom Jones & Cerys Mathews

December Song - George Micheal

Stop the Cavalry - Jona Lewie

In the Bleak Midwinter - Annie Lennox

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 11 of 21
See Most Recent

Why does everyone love that pogues song I think its awful miserable and dark horrible song.
Message 12 of 21
See Most Recent

Sorry spelt is wrong but you know the one I mean.
Message 13 of 21
See Most Recent

with ed on little drummer boy with bing crosby and david bowie (watched a programme one time on bing crosby and he was not quite happy about singing with david bowie (didnt know who he was)

not religious though but do love silent night

Message 14 of 21
See Most Recent

John Lennon

I like carols and a lot of pop songs but that one just gets me.

Photobucket

Message 15 of 21
See Most Recent

@ed_blackadder_1 wrote:
Why does everyone love that pogues song I think its awful miserable and dark horrible song.

I can't stand it.  As you say, not a very merry Christmas song is it!   Very depressing.

Message 16 of 21
See Most Recent

@chickengrandma-2008 wrote:

@ed_blackadder_1 wrote:

I can't stand it.  As you say, not a very merry Christmas song is it!   Very depressing.

i see it as a love song

2 people who have been together  since  their early twenties

theyve been throuugh  thick and thin  and still have their song , they know what words to use

all their xmas's together

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 17 of 21
See Most Recent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv0hlbWpa1w

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 18 of 21
See Most Recent

I too love the Pogues and Kirsty McColl- a real classic.

Maggie - I'd forgoten about Tom Jones and Cerys Matthews - Baby It's Cold Outside - live on Jools Holland - it's a fantastic duet.

Jools is in Glasgow at the beginning of Dec - we're not going this year - seen him 3 times already.  If you want a good night out then Jools Holland is it - what a talented men.  Always a guest singer (Marc Almond was lousy, Ruby Turner great and Alsion Moyet, sadly, not bad).  At the end of the show the trombonist (hat and rasta hair) - is given time to sing a reggae song - which for the life of me I cannot remember - but everyone is up dancing.  Everyone in the band gets a little time in the spot light, some of the best shows I have ever seen.  Magic.

John Lennon - my boy.

Message 19 of 21
See Most Recent

Love Jools & Ruby Turner. 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 20 of 21
See Most Recent