Healthy eating??????

my friend and I went out to lunch today, as we are both trying to loose weight we decided to have jacket potato instead of chips.

a portion of chips was £1.95.......

now how on earth are you supposed to eat healthy with mad pricing like that???

Photobucket

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Healthy eating??????

hang on, it stole half my message there....

the price of the jacket was £4.95 I asked why it was the same price as one with filling, and she said she'd put coleslaw and salad with it, which btw wouldn't have covered a saucer!!!

the chips were £1.95!!

it's not easy in the UK to eat healthily is it? you can't get a salad here with a hard boiled egg on!!!

Photobucket

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Healthy eating??????

Know what you mean CB.  It's ridiculous isn't it?

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Healthy eating??????

Not sure where, but I remember going for a meal, and they offer what they call "flip your chips"

You can swap the chips for either a jacket, boiled potatoes or mash, with no difference in the price.

It was one of those pub restaurants which is part of a chain.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Healthy eating??????

I will say the healthier you want to eat the more you seem to have to pay out. Even individual things to make your own meals.heart

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Healthy eating??????

I think the only way to eat healthily around here is to buy salad and sandwiches and go and have a  picnic somewhere nice

Photobucket

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Healthy eating??????

No profit in healthy, healthy is not generally messed about with, loads of cheap additives etc,  One potato makes a lot of chips and you don't have to be as fussy with the sort of potato as you do with a jacket.

Just take the glass of cola you have in a pub, water bit of gas and some syrup, and same price as a pint of beer, costs pennies to buy so much more profit.

Chocolate mousse with chocolate flavouring 45p

chocolate mousse made with real chocolate 1.05

Sorry not a  healthy example I know, but it makes a point.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent