Have u bn infected by horrific malware TIDYNETWORK ADVERTISING? Says it comes from Ebay?

Hi,

Has anyone been infected by a truly annoying malware called Tidynetwork Advertising?  I've checked the web to see how to take it off -

and it keeps returning.  Various links say that it comes direct from Ebay.  Surely - this cannot be true. 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Have u bn infected by horrific malware TIDYNETWORK ADVERTISING? Says it comes from Ebay?

Have you got Malwarebytes installed? That will find it & you can isolate & remove it. I get annoying Malware sometimes but this deals with it. It's not Horrific, it's annoying. It come in attached to something you have downloaded I believe.

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/tidy-network-virus/

Adding Adblock Plus will also stop advertising pop ups.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Sorry fingers crossed, touch wood, our security is cranked right up and we have some sort of malware jobby that stops all that.  As I said fingers crossed, touch wood, we have never been infected.  If anything is spotted the security isolates it and fixes it.  Sounds as though it is the same thing as Patch's,  OH deals with all that so I couldn't say what it is called.  You should be able to run a system scan that should fix it ?

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

It's not a virus. It's annoying addware. Addblock plus would help the op.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Sorry Patch, I know it's not a virus, it is just our adware blocker is in with our security, and it stops pop up ads and malware.  I am a bit of a technophobe really, but I do know we don't get anything.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent