Grrrrrr,, im back.

Ohhh dear what a couple of days i have had!!!!!. Been battling with a virus attack on my pc,,,tried everything to stop bloomin POPUPS and adverts coming up. NOTHING,,,they were still there!!!!. My friend comes round this afternoon and cures it after about half an hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I get so uptight,,, had a horrible headache today,,but its gone now. Count to ten ROSE...Woman SurprisedWoman WinkWoman Happy

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Grrrrrr,, im back.

Glad to see you back Rose.  Computers are fine when they are working but when something goes wrong, it's a pain. You just sit back and relax.

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Grrrrrr,, im back.

Bless you,, i knew my little mate books would be here,,,. I miss it if im not on for a few days,, its crazy. Well not ,, its a good sign. Im going to relax in a while. Blimey i think ive gone off the idea of being a Computer Technician,, i take my hat off to them, really!!!!!!!!Woman Happy

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

Grrrrrr,, im back.

I don't know about the little Rose. I wish that I was.  I'd miss FHG if I had computer problems.

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Grrrrrr,, im back.

Try wisecare365,  stops all the popups and keeps your computer clean.

I got it for free, but you may have to buy it now, but its worth its weight in gold

Photobucket
Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

Grrrrrr,, im back.

aawww don't get all het up there Rose, if your computer goes bonkers we'll wait for you!!!

computer3smiley.gif

hope your headaches gone...

Photobucket

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Grrrrrr,, im back.

Glad you got it sorted. That is the advantage of having multiple machines - if one has a problem then I can use another.

Mind you, I'm fuming - got a phone call on my mobile from work - late Friday afternoon - please could I just pop in over the weekend, any time I like, and sort out a virus on the server that is used by accounts and payroll, and also the 8 computers in the accounts network. This is because the company that they pay a fortune to for IT don't provide cover evenings and weekends, and they want it working by Monday. I pointed out that since I would need the server password and an administrator passwordthat can only be obtained from the IT folks, then there is nothing that I can do. I also pointed out that if I did go in it would have to be on a consultancy basis and my current minimum charge is £95 per hour, plus travel time and travel costs. I also pointed out that if they had been backing up the data properly they could have just copied the data to the spare server and robably carried on working whilst the IT firm fixed the problem.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

Grrrrrr,, im back.

Oohh i will investigate that one Mustard,,, it should be all secure now my friends done it.

That smilie was ME Captain,,,, i get upset if i cant get on!!!. Think i gave myself the headache,, it cleared at about 5pm last night thankfully,, i only took Paracetamol yesterday as i did not think it was going to be that nasty. At least i kept food down.

Are you a Computer Boffin STROPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????. I dont envy you,,clearing nasties.heart

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

Grrrrrr,, im back.

I am no boffin Rose, but I do write custom computer systems, do web-site design, and I do training for small firms in how to get the best out of what they have and make standard software work for them. I however HATE computer work - mind numbingly boring, so I charge as much as I dare in the hope that I don't get much work.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

Grrrrrr,, im back.

Ahhhh i see,,, theres money to be had in the line of computer work though i expect,, but yes after a while it must get mind numbing i can imagine heart

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent