Grey / Black Plastic Pipework - what’s the difference please?

Plumber has been around to replace the external waste pipe from my upstairs bath and sink that feed into the grey soil vent pipe.

He had told my missus that he’s installed it in black because thy don’t make it in grey any more.

Whilst I know this is complete tosh, is there functionally any difference between the 2 colours or is it just aesthetics?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

We had a cast iron soil pipe, and the sink and bath waste pipes were white.  They were all replaced with black plastic about 5 years ago.  I don't know if there is a difference, but our black plastic has done fine for the last 5 years and is showing no signs of problems.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Cheers matey, I appreciate the feedback. Thank you.
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

I've got black plastic guttering and downpipes that are approaching their 25th year in place with no problems.

As far as I know the grey ones are identical apart from the colour, but the black ones certainly look better.  A quick glance down the road where I live and virtually everyone has gone for black plastic.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent