Got a throat like sandpaper

It seems like I have caught a cold from OH, even though I've kept away from him, LOL For the last 2 nights, I have hardly slept as my throat feels like sandpaper, Its so painful when I swallow and when I cough I feel sick because of it hurting my throat. Anyone got any tried and tested remedies how I can ease it? I have to go somewhere tomorrow, so need it better for then. I can put up with colds, but not a throat like this. Thank you for any suggestions. 

Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

Hellooooooo Carol! There you are, if it is a cold you can only ease it as its part of the symptoms until the cold breaks, if you can gargle all the better, I'm sure the girls will give you some tips, however if it's tonsillitis then you need antibiotics as well.
Hope you feel better soon & glad you are back.xxxxx

**********Sam**********
Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

Honey & Lemon is all I can suggest. Hope you feel better soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

Gargle with and then swallow

Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

000000.jpg

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

The above photo is sent out as a warning of what to look for and report to Doctor ..

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

Carol, my dad told me my gran had a remedy for sore throats but it sounds disgusting to me !  Take a table spoon full of sugar, add a few drops of whisky and put it in your mouth. Do not swallow it, just let it melt and trickle down your throat. Seemingly the sugar makes it stick to your throat and the whisky kills the cause of the sore throat.

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

Myself I have used I think they were called Tyrozets or something like that, they have a slight anaesthetic effect at least numbing the throat a bit.

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

Strepsils too if anyone can nip out and get you some.

Gargle with disersable asprin, but maybe better not to swallow if you have an empty stomach.

Lemon and honey in hot water is good (or with a shot of whisky if you can take it, and a sprinkling of sage) but again, don't mix alcohol with the meds.

Also, just check that what you do take, doesn't contain any extra meds such as paracetamol in Night Nurse.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

Well, I am sneezing alot and got an annoying, tickly cough, so I am hoping my throat will improve soon and the cold will run its course and be gone..........................

Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

Hope that you feel better soon Carol.  I know a couple of people who have got colds at the moment.

(((((Carol)))))

Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

Carol I'm trying to answer your mail but it keeps telling me you don't exist! 😀
But I know you do!😀
I'll try again tomorrow , my iPads been a right pain today or EBay has, mind you one good thing it's given me a smilies option which I never had before??????!!!!!!! Weird or what?

**********Sam**********
Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

Still no joy!!.😁

**********Sam**********
Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

Ooh I exist alright, LOL Got your mail, read and replied. Thank you. xxxxSmiley Happy

Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

lol. You sure do!. xxx

**********Sam**********
Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent