Fridays fullsome feast

Mr. Br****s faggots today with mash, peas, carrots and broccoli.  Then off back to work, I wont eat too much otherwise I will fall asleep at work.

Message 1 of 28
See Most Recent
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Fridays fullsome feast

Glad that you're back home Stroppy.

Message 21 of 28
See Most Recent

Home made pizza created by the littlies so various toppings with side salad and coleslaw.

Apple cobbler and custard for pud

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 22 of 28
See Most Recent

stir fry for lunch followed by 3 digestive biscuits...nothing in for pud!!

lovely egg butty for supper.

Maggie...put half a lemon in some water in the microwave and that usually gets rid of the smell.

CG....how do you make that batter, and do you deep fry the fish?

Photobucket

Message 23 of 28
See Most Recent

I just made it up really capt and didn't weigh anything.  I beat an egg in a tallish narrowish jug, pinch salt, beat in about 1/4 pint water, beat in a teaspoon baking powder and 'some' flower, it happened to be SR 'cos it was the one I grabbed outa the pantry, I made it quite thick and beat it until smooth, then about an eggcup or a bit more of tonic water.  Beat it all smooth, Covered the fish in flour, dip in batter and fry . I used shallow oil because I don't want to waste all that oil filling a pan.  After about 5 or 6 mns turned it over for another 5 or 6. I'll definitely do it again because it was lovely!  We have a lot of fish.Woman LOL

Message 24 of 28
See Most Recent

I bought some cod loin today, it's half price!

I'm going to do that tomorrow CG, do you rest your batter for a while....if ya get my drift!!!Smiley Very Happy

Photobucket

Message 25 of 28
See Most Recent

Ooo is that at Mr T's.  I might get some although my freezer is full from the last time.  They've been having it half price quite a bit recently haven't they.

Loin will need a bit longer won't it because it's thicker, I did fillets today.  No I didn't rest the batter because I didn't realise the time and made it in a hurry at the last minute.....hence the no measuring !!!

Message 26 of 28
See Most Recent

I looked at Cod Loin as it sounds nice but isn't it expensive!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 27 of 28
See Most Recent

Herb Crusted Chicken with Croquette potatoes and Vegetables. Ohhh this was  SCRUMMY!!!!.

Woman Happy

Message 28 of 28
See Most Recent