Everyone up to date on the Vehicle Excise Duty disc abandonment?

AKA scrapping the tax disc and what it means for the future?

I came across this on another forum so thought I'd add it here in case anyone isn't up to speed with the ins and outs.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/tax-disc-changes-how-tax-7684403

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 1 of 23
See Most Recent
22 REPLIES 22

That's interesting because when I renewed mine at the end of May ( at the Post Office ) I was warned that I must display it until it expires as the end of the need to display for any given vehicle applies from the first renewal under the new scheme...
Message 21 of 23
See Most Recent

do traffic wardens give notices for Tax?  i thought that was a police enforcement issue

i expect there will be a few puzzled people in the PO  these coming weeks

including the counter staff,  the manageress and one staff member were doing the 1st

when a guy was in yesterday having bought a new car

according to another staff member of ours they have been sent a booklet to read 'at our leisure'

no dvd or anyone sent on a course, she is SO  happy to be  leaving before  Oct

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 22 of 23
See Most Recent

It states here that you don't have to display the disc after October 1st:-

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/abolition-of-the-vehicle-tax-disc

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 23 of 23
See Most Recent