Dust bunnies really do exist ............. or ........

You know when you've been lazy about the housekeeping when you look down and see what at first looks like a pale injured butterfly crawling across the carpet but it turns out to be.........................

One's very own house elf

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 1 of 23
See Most Recent
22 REPLIES 22

Is it a little wood louse?. Poor little thing that must be the equivalent of carrying an oak tree on your shoulders, you ought to attach a duster to it's twig, late spring cleaning sorted!. lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 2 of 23
See Most Recent

It is indeed, but I couldn't see it until I'd taken the photos.

Not so little either but viewing it from the top I could only see the pale, tattered wing-shape of it's luggage.

I really must do some late spring cleaning - shift as much of the furniture as I can and give everything a good clean.

Did you know that wood lice, in the house, all congregate in certain areas under furniture - usually at the corners - where you then find a woodlice graveyard?

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 3 of 23
See Most Recent

lol. When he's finished send him round to me, no I didn't know that , it's something else I learnt, we always call them wood pigs lord knows why unless it's a variation on hedge pigs ( hedgehogs). I rather like them along with Silver fish.

**********Sam**********
Message 4 of 23
See Most Recent

i remember an episode of malcolm in the middles where his mum lois fell asleep on the floor at the side of her bed,  as she breathes a ball of fluff is rolled  to and fro

eventually she sucks an orange sized fluff in her mouth  lol

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 5 of 23
See Most Recent

Yuck! lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 6 of 23
See Most Recent

YUKK!  If her bugs are that filthy think what the rest of the house must be like!  Woman Surprised

(only joking, no offence meant!   Woman Wink)

Message 7 of 23
See Most Recent

Lol CG ,.......................... wonders if its dark in aernethril's house with the grimy windows no chance of having a peek in from the garden though so cheap way to deter burglars if they can't see what you've got ...................................(also only kidding Smiley Wink)

index.jpg

images.jpg

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 8 of 23
See Most Recent

rasp.gif

Message 9 of 23
See Most Recent

There are loads of regional names for them.
Cheesy-bugs or Cheeselogs,Slaters, Gramersows or gramfers,Chisel bobs,Woodpigs or timberpigs,Monkey peas or peaballs ,Pishamares, Chuggie pigs, chuggy-pegs or chucky pigs, Crunchy bats,Coffin cutters,Granny greys, Billy buttons and Parson pigs for a start!

Message 10 of 23
See Most Recent

WOW! Do carry on I love them! lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 11 of 23
See Most Recent

monkey peas???? how the hell did anyone come up with that!! it's hilarious....

I have millions of the little boogers in our garden, no point worrying about them,

btw...does anyone have a way of getting rid of earwigs besides the clay pot on a cane with straw in it thing?

Photobucket

Message 12 of 23
See Most Recent

It's a hermit woodlouse!
Message 13 of 23
See Most Recent

we have always called them  slateybettles

and capt   i  think  fires may get rid of earywiggies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 14 of 23
See Most Recent

earwigs are the bane from the devil - nasty blighters and there's been a plague of them our way this year.

Message 15 of 23
See Most Recent

There ya go CB set fire to your garden & house, result! lol. joking apart it does seem to be an earwig &.ant problem this year with the hot weather!

**********Sam**********
Message 16 of 23
See Most Recent

Phew finally made a cuppa whilst I was waiting to get on this thread.

We call them chiggy pigs here. I have only seen a few less than normal. We had flying ants everywhere yesterday.
Message 17 of 23
See Most Recent

Got me looking into woodlice now. The ones we have around here don't roll up into a ball when prodded, like the ones when I was a kid in Essex. Apparently the ones that can roll up are members of the family Armadillidiidae... now all Ive got to do is work out how to pronounce it!

Message 18 of 23
See Most Recent

What do they call the ones that don't roll up then?

Stiffadillidiidae?

Message 19 of 23
See Most Recent

Inflexibledilladildae?

**********Sam**********
Message 20 of 23
See Most Recent