Diabetes Question

I have developed a tickly cough.

As a recently diagnosed Type 2 diabetic controlled only by diet, which is the best cough medicine and throat tablets to suck please?

......................................................................................................................

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer!
Message 1 of 21
See Most Recent
20 REPLIES 20

Diabetes Question

Halls sugar free cough drops
Message 2 of 21
See Most Recent

Diabetes Question

Go to your local pharmacy & ask your pharmacist not only will he be able to recommend a cough mixture but also if it is safe to take with any Diabetic medicine you may be taking. You MUST always take this into consideration!

**********Sam**********
Message 3 of 21
See Most Recent

Diabetes Question

Thanks - do you know of any syrups?

......................................................................................................................

Message 4 of 21
See Most Recent

Diabetes Question

Thanks Sam.

I don't take any diabetic meds, but I'm very aware of sugar levels.

Don't know of any pharmacies open over the BH, so was hoping to pick something up at a supermarket.

Message 5 of 21
See Most Recent

Diabetes Question

Ok sorry you did say! Sudofed do a range of sugar free cough medicines & as already stated halls also do a sugar free cough sweet
It's if a supermarket stocks a sugar free range really. I think Benylin also do a range now. Just remember a lot of these over the counter meds can make you drowsy so check first especially if you drive. You don't think perhaps you may have hay fever or the start of a cold?

**********Sam**********
Message 6 of 21
See Most Recent

Diabetes Question

Thanks.

Never had hay fever but may have picked something up from the lady I look after as she has a cough.

Message 7 of 21
See Most Recent

Diabetes Question

My doctor always told me that over the counter cough medicine is really a waste of money.

Some of the big supermarkets do their own version of honey and lemon, that is all that sems to be needed to relieve a tickly cough, or you could make your own. some hot water in a glass with a teaspoon of honey and some fresh lemon juice, not too diluted though as it won't do the trick. Honey is a natural sugar so won't hurt in small amounts.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 8 of 21
See Most Recent

Diabetes Question

You say that but most are taken every four hours ,this is a big build up for a diabetic & should not be done without consultation & clear honey should only ever be used. I say again !! Consult with a pharmacist or Doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!.

**********Sam**********
Message 9 of 21
See Most Recent

Diabetes Question

Further to that if you have the start of an upper respiratory infection it should be checked out as this can affect your sugar levels!.

**********Sam**********
Message 10 of 21
See Most Recent

Diabetes Question

No where did I prescribe every 4 hours, I am no doctor. All I stated was that honey and lemon eases a cough. read into that what you will saasher. I do agree though a pharmacist or Doctor is best consulted if there is more to the cough than just a tickle. xxx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 11 of 21
See Most Recent

Diabetes Question

Sadly I have a family full of diabetics. Fortunately I am not one of them. xx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 12 of 21
See Most Recent

Diabetes Question

I did not say you said every four hours I stated that most are taken every four hours. Mis information given to Diabetics although well meaning are not always safe which is why I always advocate consulting professionals on the subject, this thread is about Diabetes!

**********Sam**********
Message 13 of 21
See Most Recent

Diabetes Question

@saasher2012 wrote:
I did not say you said every four hours I stated that most are taken every four hours. Mis information given to Diabetics although well meaning are not always safe which is why I always advocate consulting professionals on the subject, this thread is about Diabetes!

I consider myself very well reprimanded then saasher.....thank you.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 14 of 21
See Most Recent

Diabetes Question

Saasher, you and the OP may find this useful and interesting.

http://www.benefits-of-honey.com/diabetic-diet.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 15 of 21
See Most Recent

Diabetes Question

Every diabetic is different which is why it is confusing with all the different information , to a newly diagnosed diabetic it is even more so! It is not new news about Honey most of us know all about it's benefits, my argument with respect is the build up of sugars in a short space of time & especially if someone is not well, I say for the last time, consult a professional before taking anything!!!!. Especially meds.

**********Sam**********
Message 16 of 21
See Most Recent

Diabetes Question

there are a lot of coughs about lately, seems everyone is hacking here!

it's a waste of time taking cough medicines they never work...sugar free cough drops are probably better in the long run, but it's only one more day until the chemist's open.

Photobucket

Message 17 of 21
See Most Recent

Diabetes Question

Personally I wouldn't bother taking anything for a tickly cough, it'll go away of its own accord

and the over-the-counter so-called remedies only relieve it for a few minutes.  Just have a bottle

of water handy to take sips of if the cough gets on your nerves.

Message 18 of 21
See Most Recent

Diabetes Question

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe you'll find something on this website: http://www.naturalnews.com/

Message 19 of 21
See Most Recent

Diabetes Question

Thank you for posting that link Harry, I have found something of great use to me. re Thyroid.

Wonderful thanks.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 20 of 21
See Most Recent