Can I ask you some questions please? (market research)

I am doing some research about anti-aging products & general facial skincare.

I wondered if you would answer these questions 🙂

1 / what is your age bracket : under 40 / 41-50 / 51-60 / 60+

2 / Male or female? (because I think men want to stay young looking too)

3/ Do you seek out anti-aging facial products?

4/ How much on average do you spend on a moisturiser? Or anti-aging Serum?

I guess I should answer first, lol. Female, 41-50, starting to use products, usually spend under £20 on moisturiser:)

Message 1 of 41
See Most Recent
40 REPLIES 40

1) 51-60

2)Male

3 and 4)... your 'avin a laff! An occasional rub down with a damp copy of Motor Cycle News does for me!

Message 21 of 41
See Most Recent

That made me chuckle wskneil 🙂

Message 22 of 41
See Most Recent

1.   58

2.  Female

3.  Not any more, because I've found what works, from A**i to El**is

4.  £2 to too much!

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 23 of 41
See Most Recent

I'm 52 and female.

I've never shown any interest in or bought any anti-ageing stuff, I wear hardly any

make-up, just a little lipstick very, very occasionally.  I don't like putting un-natural stuff

on me/

Moisteriser - well I use a lot of hand cream as my hands are always rough but I only

spend perhaps £1.50 a month on it.  One pot of moisteriser lasts yonks.  I assume you

mean how much we spend on it in a month, it doesn't specify a timescale.

Hope that helps!

Message 24 of 41
See Most Recent

Female
No
£6.65 , use Faith in Nature moisturiser, no nasties in it, local company . Get lots of compliments about my complexion:-)
Message 25 of 41
See Most Recent

Sorry for not getting back til now, I hate posting and running!

The results are pretty much as expected, I guess ebayers are in general quite savvy & like a bargain (as I do!!)

One thing I noticed with local people I have asked the same questions to (in Surrey) is that they do in general spend more and treat themselves more, than the general population! And many have the same issues about their hands.

Some of the locals who have sore hands use a unique product that helps with various skin problems : ant-aging, psoriasis, eczema, scars, stretch marks, rosacea... and more. My friend who owns a salon (and does nails) has dermatitis & this really helps, in one night.

I have only just started to get into anti-aging skincare - I am getting married in a few months and feel old. I am 42 and wish we'd just done it when I was in my 20s and looked good. So, I am on a mission. And I have found some solutions. It still irks me to pay more for products than usual.... but they work. Plus I can still use basic moisturisers if I want, as the overnight masque does all the work. And I use less makeup (just a little powder and lipstick)

Message 26 of 41
See Most Recent

Fishie I guess i mean per pot/tube, which probably lasts a month or so 🙂
I remember someone on here years ago mentioning a face cream her OH had nicked, and when I googled it, it was over £100 (i think it was creme de la mer or something)
Message 27 of 41
See Most Recent

Hi Pix, been a very interesting thread.  Can I ask - do you exfoliate before you use your face products?

Congratulations on getting married - how exciting - 42 old????  I could just about be your mother, I loved my forties and I still feel about 25 Woman Happy

Message 28 of 41
See Most Recent

Hi Rainy, I tend to forget to exfoliate, even though I buy the products!!

But I do feel that exfoliation is the key to having bright clear skin.

So, recently I started to use this product that cleans/exfoliates/rejuvenates while you sleep. 

It really works, and I am not usually as impressed by products. This is something that has made a difference. I can continue to use a £2 moisturiser if I want (I am using up Clinique & No7 sample size pots at the moment).

Lol, I know 42 is not old, I just feel that I looked nicer in photos when I was in my early 20s, so should have got married then. If there was a body I could go back to having it is probably aged 25!!! lol

We have been together 21 years now so it is not a big deal getting married. We just slipped it in to our holiday itinerary!!

(in Las Vegas, baby!!)

But I have found an eye product now that actually works as well, so my 2 new products are making me feel better about myself. Ultimately, I have low self esteem and getting rid of a few crows feet (without stupid things like botox!!) makes me feel better. But I have also recommended these products to a couple of friends (as you may know from previous posts, I don't have many friends) and they feel better about themselves too... which makes me feel good too.
Maybe I just need to surround myself with happy friends? I am trying to xx

But I am not a shallow person, I do of course know that health is better than any of these little things that I crave xx

Message 29 of 41
See Most Recent

Congratulations on your forthcoming Marriage! & all ladies want to look their best on the special day, no matter what age& no you're not being shallow. lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 30 of 41
See Most Recent

Thanks xx

Message 31 of 41
See Most Recent

Your most welcome ! Have a lovely time & savour every moment of it. X.

**********Sam**********
Message 32 of 41
See Most Recent

Dear Pix, I tried to PM you, but it says you don't exist Woman Frustrated  I had the same problem the other day, don't know why, stoopid thing.  Can I ask if you would PM me with the details of the overnight exfoliator thingy?  I'd be very grateful.  Strangely if you PM me I can reply - nuts.

You're getting married in Vegas - oh yummy- I hope you have a ball.  And remember, the thing that makes you most beautiful is your smile, and no as Sam says, you are not being shallow.  I wish you all the best heart

Message 33 of 41
See Most Recent

Hey Pix,,,im so happy for you. Getting MARRIED!!!!!,,and in Vegas??. Cooorr id love to go there,,do you want a bridesmaid?? LOL. Lucky Girl.

May your married life and Happiness start in the City of Good Fortune!!heart

Message 34 of 41
See Most Recent

Rainy, I will message you when I get back later today. If anyone else want to know, feel free to ask 🙂

Message 35 of 41
See Most Recent

btw I thought I had already said this but it seems I didn't ?.... saasher - I think you have a good point about shaving helping to reveal younger skin, as I am very sure that the process must scrape off skin cells in an exfoliating way. x

I feel deathly pale today but the sun is shining... I will sit outside later and watch the guinea pigs playing in the grass, need to enjoy the sun when we get it   🙂

Message 36 of 41
See Most Recent

Don't over do it in the sun, better to be pale & soft than tanned & dry. lol. Plenty of cleanse , tone & moisturising for you young lady, got to have you in tip top condition for your special day!& don't forget the rest of you either, lol. Spoil yourself !.

**********Sam**********
Message 37 of 41
See Most Recent

Thanks hun. I  will only spend half an hour out there 🙂

I am so pale, and I also have vit d deficiency, so it's doctor's orders!!

My overnight masque is really working well. My skin has never been so hydrated with so little effort. You can use it on hands too 🙂

Message 38 of 41
See Most Recent

I forgive you then, sun hat& drink plenty of water also good for skin!. lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 39 of 41
See Most Recent

You're forgiven 🙂 🙂

Wow the sun was hot at the weekend. I only sat out on the decking a few times, maybe 45 mins tops, it was scorching here!

I hope parents of little ones were sensible Cat Indifferent

Message 40 of 41
See Most Recent