CLUBBERS

I just had to ask this one. Are there any 40 + people on here ladies or gents who would go or still do go to Night clubs?. The last time i went was about 4 years ago to Chicago Rocks with my friend who is older than me. We had a really good time but i cannot summon up the energy to dance like i used too. I used to go every weekend to different clubs sometimes and come home very very much the worse for wear!!! . LOL. ohhhhh i used to feel terribly ill and literally had to feel my way around and up the stairs in the dark at times trying not to wake everyone up. I can barely think how ill i used to be. I could not handle that anymore but still like dancing and love modern dance music. I used to go to one club where much older gents used to frequent ha ha. VERY ODD or so i thought at the time. It makes you feel old when you see youngsters in clubs nowadays!!!. So have we anyone who trips the light fantastic in their forties???.

Woman LOLWoman WinkWoman Wink

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

CLUBBERS

I have to say I have never done the night clubs I have always been a more Hippy/biker kinda woman.

So the Rock house and music festivals is where I frequented. A slightly different scene.

So I cant answer, not sure why I popped in the thread knowing I couldnt. Clearly I have nothing better to doSmiley Indifferent Goes to find something to do.

In fact I think thats the problem I have so much to do I havent a clue where to start. Where is that bawling smiley?

?I guess I should warn you. If you know what I said, you've probably misunderstood.?
Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

CLUBBERS

annnnnnnnd Im well past my 40s *stamps foot and demands a bawling bawling smiley with shed loads of tears*

?I guess I should warn you. If you know what I said, you've probably misunderstood.?
Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

CLUBBERS

So the Rock house and music festivals is where I frequented

Why is that in the past tense?  Would you not want to go to music festivals anymore?

Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

CLUBBERS

GO BIKERS AND HIPPIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   heartheartWoman LOLWoman LOL

Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

CLUBBERS

Well I don't do clubs but I definitely do music festivals - I can't think age will ever stop me going to music festivals, I just lurve 'em:)

Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

CLUBBERS

I have my own nightclub in the house on a Saturday morning when I am doing the housework, I turn the music up and have a little dance, I am I hasten to add all on my own as everyone is off doing their own thing. Haven't been to a nightclub for years, I see what its like from the photos my son takes, I just can't take the booze any more.  I do remember the days of staggering around in the dark though and having to stay in bed the next day.

My husband (48) goes to the Download Festival every June with our son (21) goodness only knows what they get up to.

Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

CLUBBERS

CLUBBERS

I for one would still be willing to go out clubbing even at my age (the other side of 50) provided it was like it used to be.....the good old fashioned discos of the late 70's early 80's - those were the days. The music would also have to be from that era as much as I love todays music I would prefer to dance to Bay City Rollers. Kool and the Gang et al.

Remember - it takes 17 muscles to smile and 44 muscles to frown - SO KEEP SMILING 🙂
Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

CLUBBERS

I have never been your average clubber. I hate dancing, so was always the one standing at the edge of the dancefloor at clubs..

But I love dance music!! Techno and all that. My fave music is things like Tiesto!

I was a raver when I was 19/20, lol, my boyfriend at the time was into that scene. I even danced a bit in those days, at raves.

I can't relax and get into the swing of things at events though.... I feel out of place. I have been to Creamfields and whilst I loved the music, I feel awkward at stuff like that.

I am going to see Tiesto again soon..... OH got into dance music the last few years and he loves partying. 

So, a few months back I had a night out at a club - my SIL/BIL had a wedding anniversary party at a hotel which has a nightclub attached called Bredbury Hall. I was absoluteley dreading it. But it was really good. If you live up that way (Stockport) and haven't been, you are missing out! I still didn't dance, but the music was good and the mix of people in the club was from 20s - 60s, and nobody felt left out. 

So if you want to do it, go for it! xx

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

CLUBBERS

80's all the way for me, Duran Duran, Wham,et al.

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

CLUBBERS

Ooh I have just remembered I am taking my daughter to see Selena Gomez on Sunday - not quite as exciting for me as the 1D concert I have to admit!
Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

CLUBBERS

YES I WAS AND AM STILL MAD ABOUT 70S MUSIC, IT HOLDS A LOTTA GOOD AND BAD MEMORIES FOR ME. BLONDIE WAS MY BIG FAVOURITE THEN DONNA SUMMER AND ALL THE DISCO MUSIC. THAT WAS REAL DISCO THEN, FLARES, FROS, GLITTERRY EYES AND EVERYTHING, PLATFORMS, BIG COLLARS, MEDALLIONS LOL,LOL. EARTH WIND AND FIRE EVERYWHERE HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. JOHN TRAVOLTA DOING HIS STRUTTING TO THE BEE GEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.  OHHHH THOSE WERE THE DAYS, THE REAL DAYS.  heartWoman Very Happy

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent