Bloods Again

I am getting a bit concerned as when i have my blood taken say on a Monday, the results are always back by the end of the week if not sooner at times. This time its been two weeks and their still not in my Doctors?. Does anyone know if this has happened to them or should i be concerned?.Woman Frustrated

Message 1 of 19
See Most Recent
18 REPLIES 18

Bloods Again

Phone your doctors and ask them to chase them up. Occasionally bloods get lost between the doctor and the labs, or the results between the labs and the doctor. Od sometimes the labs can be very busy, understaffed and stuff gets delayed. Don't worry!

Message 2 of 19
See Most Recent

Bloods Again

I think if they showed anything wrong you would hear SOONER rather than later! Woman Happy

Message 3 of 19
See Most Recent

Bloods Again

I agree with CG, you would probably have heard by now if there was anything amiss, Rose. I've go my routine blood test on Tuesday.

Message 4 of 19
See Most Recent

Bloods Again

Bound to be an admin screw up. I always have my Warfarin INR blood test on a thursday. I usually get my book back in the post by Saturday. Once when it hadn't arrived by the following Tuesday, I rang them to ask why. They said I was the eighth person to ring and ask where the book was. A blockage in the system somewhere.

Message 5 of 19
See Most Recent

Bloods Again

Dear Rose, I too agree with Chicken Grandma - if there was something wrong - they'd have you in pronto.

Now, the following is meant kindly, very kindly, because I am also describing me.  I have thought about this for a while. heart

You know the migraines, I think it might be partly stress - I can teach you to meditate ,it's easy,  just for 10 minutes - sounds loopy, but it has helped me.  When they were putting in whopping canulas (big needles) - I felt nothing - even in my groin - doctor was very impressed.  And I am the world's (or was) most stressed out person.

Waits for Rose to disown me Woman Sad  And everyone else to laugh.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 6 of 19
See Most Recent

Bloods Again

There are too many upc****s at my doctors!!.

RAINY LOL,,,,, my Migraines are firstly caused by my Hormones which have been up the shoot hence why i have Bloods partly. BUT,,,,, since i have had my hormones up the shoot my stress and anxiety which i have always had has got a LOT WORSE.

Or LOL ive always had Stress but NEVER MIgraines until i became Perimenopausal SEE!!!.

I dont mean with you Rainy cos i know your trying to help yes,,but ive got so angry lately VERY quickly too with people,, im like a WILDCAT at times Cat MadCat Mad.

Its upset everything,,, im cryin one minuite and laughing the next!!.

Your alright RainyWoman Happy,, in fact your a calming lady. Do you practise Holistic Medicine as you seem Mother Earthlike?. Thank you hun.

Message 7 of 19
See Most Recent

Bloods Again

Steady Rose! LOL.

**********Sam**********
Message 8 of 19
See Most Recent

Bloods Again

Dear Rose, it's ok kid, you are not alone.  We all, of a certain age, have been there.  I had an early menopause after a thyroidectomy and was -

- going thro a divorce

- had to sell my beautiful family home, although I was able to buy another (round the corner), but the contents, from   the floor up had to go into 3 skips, including the bath and loo - unusable and I refoooosed to clean them

- trying to retrieve my son from a boarding school in NZ where his father had taken him (with the promise of a sunshine, happy, seaside life, we had house there) and left him to come back to UK, buy a flat and install a plebian female and left my child with $40NZ a month to live on

- finding and dealing with NZ living lawyer to get my son back

- husband who (with all his moolah) changed flash lawyers countless times to delay matters

- working like a donkey, as a cook, in a job I had taken part time for pin money and then became my only source of income. Horrible boss, who reminded me regularly 'oh how the mighty have fallen' oh and more, boring.

- leave my little dog in the house all day, whereas before she had the run of an enclosed garden, summer house door left open, food and water inside, sofa to have a snooze and lots of visitors at the gate.  She was very stresses and upset, like, where did everybody go, poor baby, she got the drops I mention too!

I thought, then, it was the worst time of my life and I was very stressed - on every pill you could mention.   It was at that time I began to investigate how I could cope and came up with a few 'natural' remedies that helped.

I still take, twice daily, 20 drops of Passiflora **waves to Dazy** to keep me calm and practise being calm through breathing and kinda meditation.  If I had not done at the time above ^^^^^ I may have been done for murder, lol. Woman LOL  Especially when I finally saw my son and what it had done to him and he had lost 2 stone, not being big to begin with - skinny minny like his Mum.

So yes, darlin' I know about anxiety, but after all the above was sorted I didn't get upset or anxious with the peri and/or menopause.  Very fortunate I know, but wait for your blood results and take it from there.  

Not Mother Earthlike, just maternal, my son's friends, a close few, still call me Auntie, one even invited me to his wedding (this year, couldn't go Woman Sad).  I try too, very hard, not to get upset about what I am now, no point.  Lastly, when I was a girl, women my age were very good to me, makes the world go round.  It helps that I am, as a rule good humoured and good natured - a positive saint - NOT.  So don't be too hard on yourself.  You may go to bed after you've read this carp, very self indulgent post.  I'd forgotten a lot of it. heart, love, rainy xx.

Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 9 of 19
See Most Recent

Bloods Again

you can teach me to meditate please Rainy...I could sure use it in work to keep calm. I do know one technique but I rarely practise it.....

Photobucket

Message 10 of 19
See Most Recent

Bloods Again

LOL Rainy Bless you lovely lady!!. Also ive just remembered they say stress can make the Menopause kick in too. You have had a lot of it i can see but i also had a BIG stressful period in my job, then as soon as it was over i had the missed periods and the Migraine start. All through the stressful time i lost a horrible amount of weight very quickly as i could not eat. But it was as if my body was operating like an Automaton!!. I could feel the stress and at the time had to take Valium just to go into my job. Working with sickening women acting like jealous children. OVER NOW. Woman Happy

Message 11 of 19
See Most Recent

Bloods Again

Nothing much stresses me out but if it did, I bet I wouldn't have the problem of not being able to eat and so lose a lot of weight.  I'd be just the opposite and comfort eat and put on a few stones!!   Woman Sad

Message 12 of 19
See Most Recent

Bloods Again

Dont worry CG ive gone like that now,,, ive putweight on and some now!!. Comfort eating yes im the same.Woman Happy

Message 13 of 19
See Most Recent

Bloods Again

I must be strange then ,when I'm down I don't eat or sleep very much but I do tend to go on long walks or drives & either park up or just sit & think, works for me! lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 14 of 19
See Most Recent

Bloods Again

Phoned up again yesterday and she says they were collected so something has gone awry after that. Its being chased up!!. Just rang up again this minuite and they still have not got them!!. Shes going to ring me back shortly!!. Grrrrrr.Woman Mad

Message 15 of 19
See Most Recent

Bloods Again

What's the betting you get a call back to have them taken again, it's not unknown for the blood samples to have ended up all over the lab floor! Err! I didn't say that.lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 16 of 19
See Most Recent

Bloods Again

Rang them yesterday morning,, and in afternoon THEN,,,,,,, one of the doctors rang me later in afternoon. Since my doctor has left i dont know whether they had been put in his tray instead of in reception for when i rang up!.

Anyway he had a good chat with me and said the infection/infflamation level one was up a little but in the safe bracket for my age. Its showing my Liver is slightly fatty but he mentioned age again and i think he was hinting at my weight gain. I reminded him about that i had taken quite a few Antibiotic courses and he said Yes that can cause Liver change too. AND although my doctor had confirmed vaguely i was menopausal he came out and said im right in the peri menopause/menopause definately. The bloods are showing a definate result for that, so im relieved at least i know i really am LOL. He said for now i dont have to have any more bloods if im feeling well in myself. I said i was apart from the Migraines which i have meds for now and its being controlled the best it can. He did not start bringing up HRT or anything as i have said im not keen on taking it. so for the minute im happy.

Just wait for something else to go wrong now LOOOOOOL LOL.Woman Very Happy

Message 17 of 19
See Most Recent

Bloods Again

Glad you have had your mind put at ease rose.
Message 18 of 19
See Most Recent

Bloods Again

Thank you Ed,,,, yes im more relaxed this morning and afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Woman Happy

Message 19 of 19
See Most Recent