Bank holiday Mondays beautiful happy mealtime munchies

Been in the garden all day today finishing the gate and fence, got half the painting done but it started spitting with rain so stopped, not bad seeing as it was supposed to be raining all day.

Liver and onions with mashed potato, peas and carrots for us this evening as we haven't eaten since 7 this morning, completely forgot, good for the diet.

Message 1 of 19
See Most Recent
18 REPLIES 18

We've just had turkey, mixed veg and gravy.

Message 2 of 19
See Most Recent

Chineeeeeese with the gang tonight...really looking forward to it too ....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 3 of 19
See Most Recent

Ham& egg salad & apple/Blackberry pie to follow. ( showing off , homemade from fruit I picked last year & froze!)

**********Sam**********
Message 4 of 19
See Most Recent

Been at work today although we were let away early (3 pm) as it was so quiet.  Its been heavy rain showers this afternoon.

TOnight I'm having some baked ham - yummy!

Photobucket
Message 5 of 19
See Most Recent

Jackie made us a lovely chicken curry lunchtime so I will have a few crackers & philly later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 19
See Most Recent

You know, when I first clicked on these tea threads, I thought they were special healthy eating ones!  Now I realise you're all just naturally sensible!

Anyway, says she typing with great difficulty due to a 3- legged cat "helping" her, I'm having someone's alleged finest Moussaka, which I got from the reduced-price cabinet t'other night for the princely sum of 90p.  As it's big there will be no extra bits added.

Message 7 of 19
See Most Recent

I've got eldest granddaughter having a sleepover  she's nine, (strange how a sleep over starts at 3.30!) and I gave her a free choice.  She chose eggs, bacon and hash browns.  I joined her and granddad chose pilchards on toast.

Message 8 of 19
See Most Recent

For lunch I had roast lamb steaks,roasties, cauli cheese, carrots & peas with mint gravy (meant to have it yesterday but got carried away fence painting & gardening so came in to late), just popping out for a couple of hours then back to homemade veg soup & a wholemeal roll.
Made 4 big tubs each of veg soup & mushroom soup this morning so the freezers filled to bursting.
Photobucket
Message 9 of 19
See Most Recent

Pulled pork finished off in a bbq sauce served in wraps with salad and homemade coleslaw

Goosegog crumble and custard for pud

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 10 of 19
See Most Recent

you always have lovely sounding dinners Stan...hhhmmmm you're not that far away....what time are we having tea tomorrow???

we had jackets, with chicken thighs and baked beans, it had to be quick as I'd been in the garden attacking the weeds, and ran out of time. Notice the heavens opened and I mean opened at 4pm,OH got drenched walking the neighbours dog!!!

Photobucket

Message 11 of 19
See Most Recent

Tea tomorrow is already in the slow cooker CB as you know I like to be organised, lamb shanks if you fancy them and any time after 5 is fine with us xxxx

Message 12 of 19
See Most Recent

**Puts on pantomime coo cozzie and polishes knife and fork**

Message 13 of 19
See Most Recent

Sets an extra place at the table for the teeny weeny mouse sized coo lol xxxx

Message 14 of 19
See Most Recent

Venison casserole, jersey royal potatoes and asparagus

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 15 of 19
See Most Recent

How were your jersey royal Stroppy we had some last night from mr t's and they were tasteless 😞

Message 16 of 19
See Most Recent

@stan3502 wrote:
How were your jersey royal Stroppy we had some last night from mr t's and they were tasteless 😞

Disappointing - they were also from mr t's and very little flavour

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 17 of 19
See Most Recent

I think it's the variety of new spuddy....they're not the same, they are hard, white flesh and the skins don't rub off easily. Wait a bit for the bigger ones, with the yellow flesh and the skins rub off quickly, they're the ones with the better taste. Why does everything have to last for months these days?

Photobucket

Message 18 of 19
See Most Recent

I had a Piece of Fish with Vegetables and very nice it was too.heart

Message 19 of 19
See Most Recent