Are there still blackberries about?

I realise I may be too late.  But are there still blackberries around to pick?  I went out around this time last year but I think the season this year has been earlier.  

x

Message 1 of 26
See Most Recent
25 REPLIES 25

@ilove2patch wrote:

@cookiecookuk wrote:

it is said that at midnight on the 30th september the devil comes and ps on them.

Now that would make an interesting photo! lol

Don't you be getting ideas Maggie mu0Wi7sgiQodHfN78GOt.gif

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 21 of 26
See Most Recent

Our devils not as rude as that, after the 30th he spits on em! Which is why you often see them with a spittle like froth, more likely to be a little insect that uses the bubble effect to protect himself from predators . Ie cuckoo spit?

**********Sam**********
Message 22 of 26
See Most Recent

I did have hundreds but have just watched loads of sparrows tucking in.
Message 23 of 26
See Most Recent

Blackberry Crumble with Custard,,,,ooooooooooerrrrrr Cooooooeeerrr YUMMY!!!!.Woman Wink

Message 24 of 26
See Most Recent

@saasher2012 wrote:
Our devils not as rude as that, after the 30th he spits on em! Which is why you often see them with a spittle like froth, more likely to be a little insect that uses the bubble effect to protect himself from predators . Ie cuckoo spit?

Blackberries belong to the Devil after the first frost.

Actually frost tends to spoil the fruit so he's welcome to them then. Smiley Happy

I was told that the devil wee'd on the fruit after 23rd September!!

If your plum trees dont' fruit, put a bucket of builders rubble under it, the lime does it the world of good.

the birds ate my cherries, blueberries,strawberries,plums and the squirrel would of had the 7 hazlenuts I found but I picked them and I'm having those!! methinks, I need to get some netting for next year so I get the fruit instead!!!

Photobucket

Message 26 of 26
See Most Recent