A wedding!!!! Some cartering help it you please. xx :-)

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

Hello everyone I could do with some help.

I don't know if anyone can remember back in 2010 I asked for and received some wonderful help with my outfit for my sons wedding.

Well it is wedding time again, my daughter who I posted about several times back then with health and life problems including severe depression has overcome all that, she has trained as a beauty therapist, got a good job is fit and well and found a new partner, she is now getting married on 9.4.2016.

Sooo, I need some more help if you could with your lovely ideas of things to put in picnic hampers as that is our choice for the sit down reception in the afternoon with hog roast in the evening.

I need to find things I can prepare and keep (perhaps freeze) well in advance,  Your kind help will be very gratefully received. Thank you Smiley Happy

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

seems these days they don't eat much!! I've been to a couple of weddings and there was an awful lot of food left.

Try a curry or a casserole which can be kept warm in a big pot with  rice. that can be frozen if not all eaten.

Will you be doing it yourself? we went to a wedding once that had large joints of meat, rolls,quiche and pies. Then ;they had gateux trifles for dessert so it was easy to pack up stuff left. It was a great hit. Not a chicken in sight!!!!!

Photobucket

Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

your message hadn't appeared when I wrote that lot.

forget I said it....can't see it being much use to you!!!!doh smiley.gif

Photobucket

Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

Hi CB

We have the evening covered, we are having a whole preroasted hog delivered hot and I will do all the extras like past dishes salads rolls, apple sauce etc.

It is the picnic hampers I am struggling to find things to do for.

Hi CB,

@captainbovine wrote:

your message hadn't appeared when I wrote that lot.

forget I said it....can't see it being much use to you!!!!doh smiley.gif

Sorry for that lol, problems with timing out lol, tried to edit the word cartering lol to catering and carried on typing my main post and timed out. haha xx

How about a little pot of Gazpacho in each first as a little starter as that could be made in large batch before hand or a small pot of pate (meat or fish ) both could be served with a crusty roll and pat of butter

then maybe a chicken and bacon pasta salad or nice scotch egg, pork pie and dressed green salad or if you wanted to go all out a half cooked lobster with dressing and side salad

then how about little individual trifles or strawberries and cream or just a really nice cupcake decorated to fit in with the wedding theme

Then some cheese and crackers to finish off

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

brilliant advice stan !

You should be a wedding caterer planner.

Well that is of course if you could find the time from your busy life style.

Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

think it comes with my time from catering do's at the pub

but thank you DC

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

Can't help much on the catering side but I do hope you find time amongst all the work you're setting yourself to really enjoy the day - and congratulations to your daughter and you 🙂

Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

Stan, you saved the day, I'll have the soup the scotch egg and the trifle thanks.....

eating 2 smiley.gif

Photobucket

Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

Friends son is having a similar reception, theirs is high tea with a hog roast in the evening, they are having little sandwiches, sausage rolls, cupcakes, battenberg that sort of thing.
Hope you have a wonderful time.
Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

@upthecreekyetagain wrote:

Can't help much on the catering side but I do hope you find time amongst all the work you're setting yourself to really enjoy the day - and congratulations to your daughter and you 🙂

Hello creeky and thank you.

As for time lol,  I am sure I will enjoy the day, I literally can't wait.  I am so proud of my daughter after all the years she has suffered for one reason or another, just to see her and her chap  tie the knot and be happy, will make me one of the happiest mums on the planet.

It is a case of having to do it myself though as we have a very small budget, but I love doing that kind of thin anyway and I am very fortunate that I have lots of helpers.

Just want to thank everyone for their suggestions, what do you think about these items then after considering some of your ideas.

Ham and cheese sandwich squares,  I did like the sound of the pâté and roll but we have early stage expectant mums as guests and I believe it is not something they should eat.

Summer saugage rolls, found a nice chicken filling recipe.

Individual quiches and breakfast quinoa bites which are small and savoury.

Cream tea, I have bought individual jam portions and doing individual cream pots, hence my question about clotted cream on another thread. XXX

Cup cake

French fancie

What are your thoughts.

Do you think that is enough for a tea time.

Ii will of course be doing one of my wedding cakes, I think too it will be the biggest yet as daughter wants 5 Tiers and seperated with layers of crystals, lol she doesn't want much does she hehe.