A right start to the week

One of my neighbours was taking her dog out for a walk and noticed that there was a flat tyre on our car.  Just waiting for the people who we have the breakdown cover with to come and see to it now. 

Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

OK it's Monday.

Turn on computer and the first submission on the new system is overdue - not bad considering the new tax year stared Saturday!!

Daughter is going to need raincover from the buggy tomorrow( it is in our car) when it rains and she is busy this morning and we are busy this afternoon and there is no way OH will be driving over tonight.

OH is due for a day op this afternoon and will not be very compos mentos for the rest of the week so he planned all the work in advance.  Then one guy rings in sick.  Then one van(there are only 2) declines to start('cos the battery if Kaput), it's almost certainly under warranty but no time to sort that before hospital so he's been and bought a new battery ARGHHHHH because the van will be needed tomorrow if sick employee comes in!

Then there's the urgent spares that won't be arriving 'cos I haven't paid a previous bill which was to be credited when the items were returned, which they have been but nobody told accounts and still haven't and probably won't so I'm about to send them a bill for the warranty costs incurred by us on their behalf, which should concentrate their minds nicely.

Then I've burst son's "nobody is following the rules because .........." essay extension bubble.  He's got a bug anyway.

Next door is selling up.  Do wish she'd tell us when and who are viewing so we could get all the vans etc moved when nice people come(well who wants to live with the road full of vans/trailers, next door's drive and garden full of mowers and kecks on washing line - well the sort of people we would like next door won't) to look.

None of it matters anyway 'cos I need to go do the banking and when I get back there'll be more urgent stuff needs doing..........................

It's Monday alright

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

kecks   :^O

Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

Doesn't end there.  I forgot to put my blue badges in the car on a local retail park and ended up with a £60 fine.  I know it's my fault but that is the one and only time I've genuinely forgotten.  Honestly, the number of vehicles I see parked in disabled spaces on that car park without blue badges and NO parking tickets on them.  They say things come in threes, I am hoping that nothing else happens today or I think that I will be more mad than I already am.

Rant over.

Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

Books and bits... appeal the fine, send them copies of your blue badge etc and plead amnesia or something. My OH managed to get her fine cancelled when she did the same thing

Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

I  have sent a letter appealing the decision so I will have to wait and see what happens next.

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

10phizz
Conversationalist

OH picked my book up off the floor of the car as it was under his feet......

.......he put it on the dash on top of the blue badge

. I was struggling at the back of the car with my arthritis and his wheel chair.

Got a ticket, appealed, disallowed............OH is totally blind, 82 years old and can`t walk

I hope that d***  jobsworth sleeps at night  !!.

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

Talking about jobsworths ..........................

The zealous chap who live in our local Sainsbury's car parks peering into cars and writing number plates was on the phone in a trolley bay discussing his shopping list and how to pay it. Do you think it's worth reporting thuggie to even more thuggie employers(who were a clamping firm until re-invented)

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

phizz that's awful.  Blerdy jobsworths.  They want shooting.

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

10phizz
Conversationalist

Also had one , again disallowed  when appealed,, because it was 3 weeks out of date.......I didn`t realise they ran out  !! They should also be displayed in the drivers side dash not the passenger side (where the well is )...........There`s no where it stays safe  on my drivers side.

Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

Phizz, I wish that I'd have known that when I sent my appeal in.  I didn't even realise that I had a parking ticket until I got home because the ticket was placed over the tax disc which is obviously on the passenger side.

Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

I once got a parking ticket in Nottingham city center .

Was parked in a disabled bay with my blue badge showing time etc but came back 1 minute late & there he was standing writing the ticket X-(

Of course it was no good arguing about it i just paid it online when i got home & got it cheaper for paying within 24hrs .

One of my neighbours was taking her dog out for a walk and noticed that there was a flat tyre on our car.  Just waiting for the people who we have the breakdown cover with to come and see to it now. 

Was it only flat at the bottom?

Could you not have just turned it round so the top was at the bottom...?

Ignore anything under this ^^^^^ line... It's just my signature....
Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

I once got a parking ticket in Nottingham city center .

Was parked in a disabled bay with my blue badge showing time etc but came back 1 minute late & there he was standing writing the ticket X-(

Of course it was no good arguing about it i just paid it online when i got home & got it cheaper for paying within 24hrs .

Oh, you should have most definitely challenged this! Some of these "wardens" are just jobsworths, pure and simple. We appeal all of our charges, about 50% are successful. I can almost guarantee you would have been successful with this one, if you'd challenged it. If you had your disabled badge showing, explained why you were a minute late, etc etc.

My (normally quiet) daughter just recently got back to her car, with a minute left on her ticket, but found the attendant standing with pen poised, waiting for the minute to be up! She queried him verbally (ahem), and he backed off!

My o/h had a ticket issued when there were still 12 minutes to go. I challenged it, and it was revoked. Lots of similar stories!

I parked in a car park in our local town, walked to the machine to purchase my ticket, got back to my car (must have taken about 30 seconds) to find the attendant standing over my car ready to issue a fine!! Well, I did lose my rag a bit.

Photobucket

Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

One wonders how much custom one of our local Lidls still has.  Reports in local paper that people were getting fined for not buying tickets whilst trying to find the nearest working machine.

Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent