my internet explorer stops working each time I use ebay, what do I need to do. I have IE version 11

why does my internet stop working each time i use ebay?  any suggestions please?

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

my internet explorer stops working each time I use ebay, what do I need to do. I have IE version 11

If you provide a little more information, there's a good chance that somebody will be able to help. Try to describe exactly what happens, along with any error messages - and it's always helpful to know your operating system (eg Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2 or whatever), and the exact version of your browser - in this instance, Internet Explorer 8 or 9 or 10 or 11.

Did the fault begin after a Windows update? And so on and forth.

A couple of thoughts in the meantime.

Developers tend to support current browsers, but might sometimes prove a little conservative in bringing stuff right up to date. Thus, if you're using IE 8, it's possible that it just can't handle the present day eBay (for instance - I'm sure lots of people still use it here); if you're on IE11, it might be worth trying "Compatibility view" in case it's a little too cutting edge for the site.

If you're still using Windows XP, then you're stuck with IE 8, or earlier. It would make a great deal of sense to switch to a more modern and secure browser. My own preference would be Mozilla Firefox. A lot of people are very happy with Chrome, but if you're concerned about online privacy, you might like to do a little more research about this particular browser before using it.

If your computer is suddenly showing signs of ill-temper, it's also worth checking that no malware has climbed aboard. At the very minimum, I'd run scans with your antivirus and with Malwarebytes or similar, removing anything unpleasant which those scans unearth.

Probably worth double-checking that your Windows updates are fully up to date, too.

It sometimes helps to run a disk check ("chkdsk"), and to check that Windows files are intact by running the sfc /scannow command.

Just a few things to think about - if you could provide greater detail, someone might be able to provide a more specific "fix."

Best of luck!

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

I guess Daniel (who moved the thread) didn't scroll down the RT page to see this thread? :-

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/The-Round-Table/eBay-and-Internet-Explorer-11-don-t-work-together/m-p...

And on there is a link to this thread:-

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Selling-tools/I-cant-change-the-description-colour-font-or-size/m-p/2...

The fix suggested seems to work.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Cheers, cee-dee.

Posters' experience on those threads seems to suggest that eBay's not quite up to date with IE11 yet - so the "compatibility view" trick is worth a try.

Trouble is, the opening post didn't mention which browser was having the hassles...

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

I wondered if the OP had posted later in the thread with a posting ID and the browser was IE 11?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent