Computing Advice & Technology Chat
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Ad-blocker on?

When accessing some newspaper sites they often come up with something like "Oh no, you got your ad-blocker on,,,,etc etc." and you can't read what's on the page. However, you can read it IF..... you go to google and write the headline (for that news ...

User avatar by Guide
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

corrupt Huawei E8278 Modem USB Dongle ??

Hi i wonder if anyone can advise me please. i recently sold the above brand new product,. it has never ever been used. i have today received a message from the buyer saying "his counter is telling him the dongle is corrupt" Can someone explain to me ...

Firefox 57 is due today - it will probably disable a lot of add-ons/extensions

Much as per title, really. More information here: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/11/10/open_source_insider_firefox_57/ It's due to be introduced (or "rolled out" bleurgghhh *gag*) today. While it's undoubtedly full of technical improvements, many...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 16 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Blocking them darn icons

A while back, my memory being very fuzzy, there was something that blocked the icons (and potential links???) to the likes of fb, twitter, g+ etc. Well, it seems to no longer be working 'cos I'm finding them back, everywhere. I don't know how effecti...

Browser hijack

I am having serious problems accessing any Ebay pages except my home/account page. Everytime I do a search or open a page, within a few seconds the page jumps to a search error page for yahoo looking for a file with the prefix PIC. Have run virus che...

A strange problem.

One of the local newspapers is the North Wales Daily Post and since yesterday going on their site crashes my computer. I'll call it a crash because nothing works. Sometimes it'll clear if I wait (a long time) but sometimes it's completely "locked". T...

User avatar by Guide
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ebay no longer work on Android 4.0.4

Ebay no longer work on android 4.0.4, I havent updated Android because if it work why fix it...I have alway used ebay on my Mobile phone, but till Monday all I get is update E-bay then when I do I am toldthat Android 4.0.4 is no longer conpatable.......

Resolved! Malwarebytes

Does anyone know if this is no longer free? I seem to be only able to update (or reload) a "Free to Try" version now for Windows and then have to pay for it. It's free for Mac and mobile phones as far as I can see, but not for computers?

Compliments of the season...

... to all this board's regulars and visitors. Let's hope for a very happy and productive year in our personal lives, and for the continued survival of this small but useful and friendly board. I've learned a lot about general computing matters here ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Any bright spark know if....

Does anyone know if it's now possible to have a sound alert when a new mail arrives on Gmail? I believe they disabled Gmail Notifier some time ago so is it still possible to get a sound working? When I've got some other pages open or am working with ...

User avatar by Guide
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

ebay mobile app

It seems that since my last ebay app update my phone continually reports the app is using too much of my battery and my battery is draining faster than before. A new battery has not improved things so I uninstalled the ebay app and had a dramatic eff...

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem with Chromebook

My wife has a Toshiba Chromebook. She went away for 3 weeks and while she was away I plugged it in every couple of days to keep it charged but when she came back and tried to use it the screen won't come on unless it's plugged in via the charger. If ...

Help with 'Gimp' photo editor.

Hi, 6 weeks ago I purchased a new Lenovo PC with Windows 10 installed. Not impressed with the Windows Photos app (especially for Photo editing) I downloaded 'Gimp' photo editor, which was good but I uninstalled it a week later as I had mellowed towar...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows 7 updates error

Has anyone else experienced problems with Windows 7 updates failing? I've had a number these past few months and sometimes they eventually do install but other times they just seem to disappear completely - never available again when I go to try anot...

My firefox has gone weird

Using Linux Mint XCFE. Today my pages are minimized and there is no way to maximize them, no X in the right corners so that I can't axe any pop up pages, the menu button doesn't work and neither do bookmarks. It was fine yesterday and I didn't change...

Samsung s2

I have a Samsung Galaxy s2. It won't Bluetooth, send to memory card or send to my laptop (Windows via cable. All I can do with it is call, text or take pictures/videos. Also sometimes I find I have no signal and the only way I can get a signal is tur...

Photobucket now $400 PA if you want to link to images from 3rd party sites eg this one...

el Reg has the story: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/06/30/photobucket_charging_400yr_3rdparty_pgs/ As far as I can see, holders of free accounts will no longer be able to link to their images on Photobucket when using other sites, such as eBay. F...

• 20 replies
  • 1 kudos