UK Community Update

katie@ebay
Employee (Retired)

Hi Everyone!

Today we launch the updated eBay community in the UK. 

As you will have noticed, the eBay community looks different. We have launched the updated design of the community with a few new features:

• Mobile experience enhanced
  • Reduced load time
  • Quicker navigation through the site

Of course, all your previous posts, messages and comments are still where they were before. The changes to the community are focused on the look and feel, to enhance your experience and allow mobile users to fully utilise the community, too.

If you have any questions about the new eBay community, feel free to ask below in this discussion board.

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 1 of 237
See Most Recent
236 REPLIES 236

UK Community Update

what do you mean  by reduced load time? everything takes a lot longer, the layout is absolutely awful,

Message 2 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

It's a LOT slower to load, harder to navigate and more difficult to read thanks to the trendy grey lettering.

Message 3 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

katie@ebay
Employee (Retired)

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback on this.

Our teams are currently investigating and working to resolve the load time delays.

We appreicate your patience while we work on this.

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 4 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

Slower to load, harder to read on a pc and that's improvement?

Please be upstanding for the Mayor of Simpleton.
No chain of office and no hope of getting one.
Message 5 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

can we please have a way to see which posts we have already read/answered?

Message 6 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

Far too slow to load, ridiculously oversized on a PC screen, pale grey script difficult to read. 

Message 7 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

it's 'mobile friendly' so the rest of us have to suffer!

Message 8 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

Even worse for the "community" is that the vast amount of helpful replies are made by members using computers not rubbish mobile phones.

Meaning quite likely that the forum will be rendered useless for many ebayers with problems because it's so frustrating navigating a kiddies site for those like yourself with the knowledge to help.

Even seeing the reply you have typed is hard with one of the only small boxes on the silly site and no obvious spell checker will mean even poorer spelling than before.

Who's the one with the grin on his face. Says he's gonna save the human race
He laughs a lot as he climbs to fame. What's his name?
Guru Banana
Message 9 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

AWFUL. I hate it

By ordering on last thread posted and not last post you haven't accounted for long term game threads that started years ago but are about the only thing left that people post on after years of (often) irrational moderation.  I can't see that this is in anyway an improvement on the type of boards in ebay cafe, i.e. chat or discussion boards.  But then ebay probably has no interest in preserving forums that are not directly related to their profit making buying and selling.

It was vastly better before when you could see a whole page of thread titles at a glance

I can't see anywhere to access pms either, of are you still changing stuff?

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 10 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

It was perfectly useable on mobiles, now completely unusable.  And not just slow on a computer, it keep timing out.  Absolutely awful!

Message 12 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

Taking forever to load and just about impossible to find anything let alone post.

I hate it.

Message 13 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

Please revert back as this layout is dreadful.

Message 14 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

triple512
Conversationalist

Not only slow to load but does anyone know how to get back to ‘my eBay’? I can only do it by reloading eBay.co.uk in the browser! Even the back arrow doesn’t take you out of the community pages?

Message 15 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

Nope, not for me. Absolutely rubbish in every respect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"When life throws you a curve.........lean into it."

Message 16 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

I can't see a single "improvement".  The layout is only useful on a "help" board, it's absolutely useless on a discussion board. The way it was before was that the last post was always at the top of the page. All the other threads were ordered below with their last post showing who the last poster was.

It's not that people don't like change, they don't like detrimental changes. After locating a thread that's been on-going for years, on opening it, it opens at the very first post. What's the point of that?

The boards were dying off, people were abandoning them, this will kill the boards off altogether, is that what ebay want?

The GUI has icons all swapped around, what for? What was the point. If changes were made after calls from the USERS, that would be an improvement. Changing things which make things virtually unuseable is no improvement.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 17 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

Why have all the avatar pics been changed to circles?

I note the Australian board hasn't been attacked...... Yet!  Looks soooo familiar and easy to navigate!

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 18 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

This new layout is dire beyond belief. Gone, the see at a glance who has been replying to which thread, it is gruesome to navigate, this is a step back into a very dim & distance past. We believe it was with users of mobiles & tablets in mind that eBay dropped this on us, odd being that it is those very users who rarely use the boards, but love that eBay have clearly been trying to save money by using site developers who have never even seen the ebay community boards, let alone be fit to design them

Message 19 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

What do we need to do with regards this link, I tried "reset" & yet again was bounced back to the promotions landing page.

Message 20 of 237
See Most Recent