UK Community Update

katie@ebay
Employee (Retired)

Hi Everyone!

Today we launch the updated eBay community in the UK. 

As you will have noticed, the eBay community looks different. We have launched the updated design of the community with a few new features:

• Mobile experience enhanced
  • Reduced load time
  • Quicker navigation through the site

Of course, all your previous posts, messages and comments are still where they were before. The changes to the community are focused on the look and feel, to enhance your experience and allow mobile users to fully utilise the community, too.

If you have any questions about the new eBay community, feel free to ask below in this discussion board.

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 1 of 237
See Most Recent
236 REPLIES 236

UK Community Update

After one whole day your announcement has been "Helpfulled" by two people.   One ebay staffer and one other who has never posted anything.   No rush of cheering mobile users (or anyone else).

That should give you a hint about how board users feel.  Do the right thing and get rid of this rubbish.

Message 21 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

@theelench wrote:

After one whole day your announcement has been "Helpfulled" by two people.   One ebay staffer and one other who has never posted anything.   No rush of cheering mobile users (or anyone else).

That should give you a hint about how board users feel.  Do the right thing and get rid of this rubbish.

Much as I agree, what do you really reckon the chances are? 0%?

Who's the one with the grin on his face. Says he's gonna save the human race
He laughs a lot as he climbs to fame. What's his name?
Guru Banana
Message 22 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

Another problem with getting rid of this is that it was planned long before they started giving out those imbecilic badges for the slow witted to think they are doing well. Yet another  great idea imported from the U.S. site, I got my first badge there around 4 years ago but rarely waste my time over there.

Who's the one with the grin on his face. Says he's gonna save the human race
He laughs a lot as he climbs to fame. What's his name?
Guru Banana
Message 23 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

to escape from the community you have to click on the ebay logo, this doesn't take you to your 'my ebay' page but it is better than nothing

Message 24 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

Unless i have missed it Katie it now appears that all responders are on a level playing field and anyone can answer on the boards.    I do believe the Member to Member Board was created for the select few community experts to answer on basically because so many wrong replies were being posted.   I had a general look around the new layout last night (with a bit of difficulty) and noticed that although they obviously had good intentions a few newish responders were not giving accurate advice.    So is it now basically a free for all where anyone can post on a thread and the community experts have been demoted? 

Message 25 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

I've just checked, and yes it is open to all to answer, kind of defeats the object doesn't it, we are clearly not appreciated any more

Message 26 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

Great.....i just responded on this thread and posted and now it appears to have disappeared.

Message 27 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

Thank you for your message.

I want to reassure you that I am investigating this and will update you on the progress.

Thanks, 

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 28 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

I fear that if things stay as they currently are....most of the reg responders will be spending half their time correcting incorrect replies.   Well not me. 

Message 29 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

where your post ends up depends on which reply option you choose, if you choose the reply within the previous post your post tucks in under that post,

if you use the 'reply to topic' it tucks under the last post made, it is a complete pigs ear, and makes following a thread virtually impossible, as you have to start at the beginning to see if anyone has added anything to a previous poster

Message 30 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

where your post ends up depends on which reply option you choose, if you choose the reply within the previous post your post tucks in under that post,

if you use the 'reply to topic' it tucks under the last post made, it is a complete pigs ear, and makes following a thread virtually impossible, as you have to start at the beginning to see if anyone has added anything to a previous poster

Message 31 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

I've found one 'improvement' that I actually think is worthwile, the information that used to be hidden behind 'site map' is now available at the bottom of the page!

Message 32 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

katie@ebay wrote:

Thank you for your message.

I want to reassure you that I am investigating this and will update you on the progress.

Thanks, 

Katie 

Oh Dear,  "....I am investigating and will update you....".  Seen that one once too often.  It sooo often means you've made your final contribution and won't be back for months. 

Message 33 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

it amazes me that they send these things live without checking that they actually fulfil the function they were set up to perform, I for one am fed up with being an unpaid tester,

Message 34 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

Ha ha Pixie once a blonde gets confused (me) good luck with trying to unconfuse me easily 😞

Message 35 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

Ha, ha, earlier I was trying to think of a way of saying what you just said.  The way you put it is so much better than my best effort  --  "randomised segments.

I notice that the "Top of Page" button has inexplicably been moved to the other side of the page, although there is more than enough room for it where  it used to be.   By the other scrolling buttons.

Message 36 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

It seems to me that when "updates" happen, things are moved just to show that "something's" been "improved". They're not moved for any sound reason. How many actual users have suggested these "improvements"? Why does a company waste time, effort and money making changes so awful that many users just will not bother posting any more?

Questions get asked but no-one from the company answers on a point-by-point basis. Is that because they just have no answer?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 37 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

It really is absolutely dire.  As yesterday, this is the first time I've been able to access the boards since early this morning, and pages are taking F O R E V E R to load.  As such, and as I said yesterday on another thread, I sadly won't be able to answer questions or assist with issues any more.   If this ludicrous 'improvement' ever changes to anything which is usable on a laptop or PC (which is what the vast majorities of forum helpers use, after all), please message me. 

katie@ebay 

Message 38 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

Nothing new there, then...!  There have always been answers there from so-called experts that are completely wrong.  As such, that board should be scrapped - all it does is mislead and confuse. Please note, katie@ebay 

Message 39 of 237
See Most Recent

UK Community Update

Only realised today that the forums have changed.

Having real difficulty to find my way around.  

Even to post this I find that on my screen the posting box is 33% of the available space, the bottom 2/3 is largely empty.

I appreciate change has become a necessity these days, but this is backward, and a huge waste of money.  As it is, will not be helpful, is likely to reduce usage, and hence reflect negatively on Ebay.  Where do they get their design ideas from?  Do they consult with users?

The concept that this is for ease of use to smartphones is silly in my mind - its critical that with Ebay you do need to check details carefully which required quite a bit of research tabbing up/down.  Consequently it is safer/quicker to use a PC rather than a smart phone.

I also found the search function (on buyer central) obtuse - I tried one of my posts - got items on seller central!

I also agree with another poster, that wil larger graphics, less ontent per page, a lot more hassle to find items, and excrutiating slow to pad through a series of posts.

Message 40 of 237
See Most Recent