offer reeived

I have received an offer for an item which is £20 more than the present highest bidder (3 more days before bidding closes), and I have accepted the offer.  The offer was received on my email via ebay.    The person says that "you will need to send me the offer though (currently the option is not on)."

I do not understand what he means or how to proceed.  I do not want to lose this offer, so please help.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

offer reeived

I can only see 1 item that has bids on hence you cannot accept an offer on the item because of that.

You could cancel the auction and relist as a buy it now but if you do that Ebay will charge you their fee's based on whatever item is at when ended and also give you a defect for doing so.

Ebay don't like unhappy bidders.

Trying to do deals through Ebay messages is a big no no.

Both buyer and seller can be sanctioned for doing so.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

offer reeived

It would be complicated but if you get the person who has made the offer to bid and be winning the auction you can then end the auction by selling to the highest bidder.  This would not be at the correct amount of course so you would have to quickly send an invoice adding on the extra to make it match their offer.

If the buyer paid before you did that you would have a problem.

And if you had a stroppy buyer they could complain that they won at a lower price so shouldn;t pay the full amount of their offer.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent