To Katie @ ebay re pms on the forum

Please can you read and answer this Katie and/ or anyone else who knows?

In the past you used to be able to tell if a personal message had been read - it would either say "not yet read" or "read" (and the date it was opened).

Now there appears to be no such information. Not knowing if a recipient has seen a pm or not is irritating and yet another retrograde step in this awful forum layout.  Surely it cannot be difficult to have this basic feature re-instated?  Have the people in Khoros ever actually used and tested all aspects of this forum?

I suppose it might just be something to do with my phone, although it is relatively new, and so I think unlikely.  I asked members weeks ago where was the envelope symbol for messages. People who replied told me but I didn't have one, for several weeks. It only appeared quite recently, long after I was told where to look (and it is quite obvious anyway now it is present). Goodness knows why my phone would be different.

Other members: please can you tell me if you can see if recipients have seen a message or not?

Thanks

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

It looks like Katie's done a disappearing act? No reply on the boards or to two PMs sent over a week ago????

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

she's too busy making informative videos to answer the important questions!

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

I wonder if she's too embarrassed after realising she's been thrown to the wolves to face a baying mob of dissent over what's been done to the boards? They're still messing about with it and they've removed the page link from the end of longer threads and it's at the top now.

Also, I see loads of the old posts on what was "Community Updates" have gone now.

I wonder if the idea all along was to create boards where people post and hope, ie, post a thread (oops, it's not a thread now is it? It's a "conversation") and hope for a reply which means that instead of a discussion there's loads of new threads (dash it, "conversations") with either no replies or just the odd one or two. All the old posters who actually wanted to discuss/converse have left in disgust?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

katie@ebay
Employee (Retired)

Hi there,

Thank you for your message - sorry for the delay in my reply. 

Please make sure to tag without spaces so I can make sure not to miss any questions you have for me.

The read function was removed when we moved to the new layout. I will make sure to bring this feedback back to the Khoros team but will not be able to promise that a change will be made.

Many thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

@katie@ebay

Of course you can't promise immediately what the team will do.  But it would be very encouraging if you could return at a later date, when presumably the team have slotted a feature request into their 'to do' list and have some idea of when it might be worked on or implemented.

It's hard to understand why wholesale changes were made to the forum layout.  If it was due to adding better support for mobiles, that's a praiseworthy intent, but it's quite possible to have servers showing a new layout to mobiles and another to desktops/laptops.  This isn't just an issue with Khoros, it's very much the case with Ebay's own pages; layouts that over the past couple of years have been made wasteful and dumbed down, with no option for users to retain the old style.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent