Sold Some Cash Its Apparently been returned to me but buyer's address was correct. It's not arrived.

I sold some consecutive notes. The buyer had only two feedback and only just joined Ebay. I wish i'd taken notice of this. I sent it tracked and the buyer contacted me to tell me apparantly its been returned. I've checked the address and it went to the address they submitted. I'm worried i've been scammed If it doesn't arrive back. Any suggestions how to move forward?

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Sold Some Cash Its Apparently been returned to me but buyer's address was correct. It's not arrived.

I have checked with another seller they have purchased cash from and they said they had the same problem. I am worried this buyer has a dodgy postman or has a way of pretending to return post but actually keeping it.  Please can someone advise me. 

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

What does the tracking say? If it says it was delivered or that delivery was attempted you won't have to refund provided you upload the tracking into the transaction.

If your buyer opens a case ebay should close it in your favour.

******************************************************************************************
Powered by cats Cat Happy
Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Its confusing. It says that the address is wrong or there is no such address.  The address is the one on their member details and i've checked, it is an actual address. The item would have been put through the letter box, not presented so it makes no sense that it's marked as RTS. I'm concerned because it was £100 and I can't afford to lose it. I've a sneaky feeling I'm not going to get it back. I've been selling for decades and this has never happened before, Seems strange because it's money but it was well disguised. I contacted anothe seller and they have been told the same. I have requested the buyer confirm his address but he's ignoring the messages. I can only presume because he doesn't want to admit that the address I sent it to is correct as this will prove he's not being honest. Its not unconceivable that its a scam with his postman. 

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Did you send it to the address presented to you by ebay on your opders page? If you sent to any other address but this you are nur covered by sellers' prorection, 

As long as you have tracking to this address you should be fine.

Obviously if you receive the item back in the meantime you will have to reund.

******************************************************************************************
Powered by cats Cat Happy
Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Yes I did. Thanks for your help in this by the way. They have just refused to confirm their address saying they don't trust me and i'm scamming them. They say they want their money back in two days. 

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Yes I did send it to the address on the label information. 

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

It shows Delivered when I look at my postage labels but when I scroll down it states that delivery was recorded on 6th at 12:56 Then it says Recipient Gone Away To Be Returned at 12:57. Then it says recipient not at address. Then on 7th December it says RTS Address incomplete or not found. Then it states Incorrectly addressed the same time. I have asked the buyer to confirm their address but they ignored me for hours and then when I asked again he flatly refused and said he'd report me. 

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

You need to ask the courier what is going on here.  None of that tracking can be influenced by the buyer. 

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Difficult though it may be I think you need to try and relax for a couple of days.

As I understand the situation to date, you sold some banknotes to a buyer and sent them by Recorded delivery. The delivery, for whatever reason, was refused at the address to which you sent the item and it is now being returned to you. Meanwhile the buyer is accusing you of scamming them because they don't have the item.

You wrote in Post 8 that delivery was recorded (?attempted) on 6th December and marked as 'To Be Returned' and then, on 7th December, the tracking showed address incomplete or not found and/or incorrectly addressed. That's possible - sometimes Royal Mail goes into a slight overdrive when mail is to be returned to the sender so I wouldn't get too hung up on that. From the timeline, though, it was still on its way back to you on the 7th - the same day you wrote your Post - and it can take a couple of days to actually get reach you. It's only the 8th now, so I think you're jumping the gun a bit there.

One thing I'm slightly confused about is that in Post 4 you wrote "The item would have been put through the letter box, not presented ..." - if the item had been put through the letter box it cannot have been refused by the recipient, so I really don't understand how it can then show on the tracking history as 'recipient gone away' and 'recipient not at address'. For that to happen the postie must have required a signature, not just put the delivery through the letter box. Might be a minor point but can you clarify whether the item was sent with or without 'Signature required'?

At the moment you need to wait until you receive the item back. It was sent tracked, the delivery failed and it's on its way back, so in that respect you're covered if the buyer opens an INR case because delivery was attempted at the address provided the buyer and given to you by eBay on the order form. Once you have the notes back - but not before - you should refund the buyer. And add them them to your Blocked Buyers List.

Let us know what happens.

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

"you're covered if the buyer opens an INR case because delivery was attempted at the address provided the buyer and given to you by eBay on the order form"

Only for an eBay case, not for a PayPal case or chargeback.

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent