New Community Team Members!

katie@ebay
Employee (Retired)

Hi all,

I hope you are well. I have some exciting news to share today.

As you know the community has grown so much over the last year and we have made huge changes to the site and how we work.  We want to be more present on the boards and be there to support the community in anyway we can.

Due to this we will now have amy@ebay  and alvaro@ebay joining us on the boards! This will be a pilot for the next 6 months and we will be reviewing after that time. 

Please feel free to tag them as you would me to support you with anything you may need. They will also be monitoring the boards throughout each day so we can cover everything!

I'll invite Amy and Alvaro to reply below to share some background about themselves.

I'm so excited that our community team is growing to be able to be there for you!

Many thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 1 of 20
See Most Recent
19 REPLIES 19

amy@ebay
Employee (Retired)

Hey everyone,

I'm Amy. 😀 I hope you're all keeping safe and well. 

A bit about me, I've been in eBay for 4 years and I'm so excited to now be a part of the Community and working with you all. 

Please feel free to tag or message me. I'm always happy to help. 😊

Thank you, 
Amy

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.com
eBay
Message 2 of 20
See Most Recent

alvaro@ebay
Employee (Retired)

Hi Everyone,

I’m Alvaro, glad to be on board. Let me make a quick introduction of myself.

I’ve been working on eBay for the last 14 years, long time now! 🙂

I will be happy to help in any way I can, as Katie does so feel free to tag me or send a DM when you have any questions or want to report any particular issue.

Thank you

Alvaro

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.com
eBay
Message 3 of 20
See Most Recent

Welcome new folks. Perhaps for your first little job you could ask Katie to reply to the two PMs sent more than a week ago please?

Also, "something's" been done to the boards today, I'm told by a member they've tried on a computer, an iPad and a phone and can't get in.

When I went to the RT this morning I had to have three tries at getting in. I was told to sign in, then I got an error message, then another saying "Sorry....." (I forget the rest of it) and what I'd written disappeared three times.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 4 of 20
See Most Recent

Hi @cee-dee ,

Sorry I didn't get back to your message. We had a technical issue at that time in regards to the last reply showing the same member across the boards. I was working on resolving this issue and was unable to get back to each report of this. Please reach out to me if there are any ongoing issues in regards to this you would like me to review.

When signing into the community are you coming from the main eBay site? We can take a closer look at this for you.

Thanks, 

Katie 

eBay
Message 5 of 20
See Most Recent

Hi Katie, that was quick, thank you.

With this laptop, I just close the lid when I go, to come back I just lift the lid and refresh the RT tab which I leave signed in. Otherwise, I get here from a favourite link to the RT and favourite links to other ebay boards.

Live long and prosper.

Message 6 of 20
See Most Recent

Why are there two copies of this thread?????

I hope this isn't another "new feature"?

Live long and prosper.

Message 7 of 20
See Most Recent

Hi @cee-dee ,

Thank you for your reply. I want to reassure you there is only one thread. We have pinned it to the top of the thread so members can see it at the top should any new threads be added.

Thank you for the further information. Sometimes the boards can sign you out for security purposes if it's been a while since you signed in but it should not take the three times as you mentioned.

I'll make note of this and keep an eye on if this issue continues.

Thanks, 

Katie 

eBay
Message 8 of 20
See Most Recent

There are two copies of this thread. To check, I've looked at this board on my other computer and that's showing two copies of it too.

Live long and prosper.

Message 9 of 20
See Most Recent

Although there is one thread when looking at the activity you will see the thread and you will see the copy of it being shown pinned to the top.

Hope this helps to explain.

Thanks, 

Katie 

eBay
Message 10 of 20
See Most Recent

how about answering the question about upgrading to a business account that I asked weeks ago?

we have a new question about it today:-

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Seller-Central/changing-from-a-personal-to-a-business-account/m-p/69...

Message 11 of 20
See Most Recent

No, it doesn't explain it at all. I see two copies of the same thread there, one pinned and the other not. It's quite simple really, one thread, only one copy only of it pinned or not. We used to have pinned threads on this AND  the old layout with only one copy so why is there now two copies wasting space?

Live long and prosper.

Message 12 of 20
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the answer is "Pass"  🙂

Message 13 of 20
See Most Recent

why  are ebay putting the phones down instead of listening to problems that need resolving

Message 14 of 20
See Most Recent

Hi there,

When a thread is pinned it shows the post at the top of the activity and also keeps the post in the order of the queue showing when it was posted. The thread will appear twice in the activity but it is the same post. 

When a board is very busy the pinned thread can help make sure members get to read it. This is not a bug and the pinned post is working as expected. 

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this taking up space. I will make note of this with our teams. 

Thanks, 

Katie 

eBay
Message 15 of 20
See Most Recent

Hi Katie, the point is, it's a daft idea. There's absolutely no need whatsoever for a pinned thread to show up twice. Whoever programmed that feature needs to have a look at to how to pin a thread without it hogging the top of a board with two entries of the absolute same thing.

After using this format for a while, isn't it pretty obvious that the amount of space wasted by the current layout isn't useful, convenient or helpful?

Live long and prosper.

Message 16 of 20
See Most Recent

Pretty much every other forum in the world, a pinned or 'sticky' thread appears at the top of the list only.  Presumably it's part of the forum software changes that came in a few months ago.  None of which were an improvement.

But having more staff on the forum to answer questions instead of just locking threads, that's certainly an improvement.  Welcome, the three of you.

Message 17 of 20
See Most Recent

Hopefully you'll be better than the rubbish already on here and will be an improvement to the staff.

Message 18 of 20
See Most Recent

pitty they dont have more staff stopping people getting scammed on e bay instead of just turning a blind eye .

Message 19 of 20
See Most Recent

Hi @alvero@eBay ,

Do you like our Owl ?

"Why didnt you say that three times, within cell interlinked?"

Message 20 of 20
See Most Recent