BID Black DOLCE Designer Handbag Leather Evening GABBANA Shoulder...

Hello,    Regarding the BID of  "  Black DOLCE Designer Handbag Leather Evening GABBANA Shoulder gold chain ". Current bid: US $61.00 + US $12.20 VAT will apply  My max bid was : US $65.00. It was ended last wed 6dec

Ebay flag announcement on 28 nov.

"Your bid is winning. Stay tuned so you don't lose out."

Implied I was on track of that bid. Then I was so busy to follow the bid, assumed every bid will have a short notice to remined member which normally Ebay has done, although I was a leader at some stage, when I was outbid....No cummunication at all.  Today I check again all my bid this week, just realised. There was no result of the bid, whether finished, Item gone, Bid ended...what ever. At least, in courtesy, let member of the bid know how was the result ended in £££,££ . I was very upset felt felt being left behind in certain cases of "hot item bid" .This is the 3rd time happened to me althought I am just a member only from October. I want to hear further explaination for improve my experience in future. Thank you. Look forward to hearing from you.

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Ok, first off I can find no Sold listing using the item title you gave - and I'm looking at Sold listings worldwide - so I cannot comment specifically on the item you mention. As rule, though, the following may help you in future:

The "Your bid is winning" email sent either when you first bid or when you make the highest bid for an item on which a bid or bids have already been made. It means nothing more than you were the highest bidder at the time you placed your bid.

eBay would under normal circumstances email you if you were subsequently outbid. However, if a higher bid/bids is/are placed in the last minute or so of an auction eBay's system does not have time to parse the system and send an 'outbid' email or for you to receive, read and react to that email. That's why some bidders wait until the last few seconds to place a bid - there is no time for an under-bidder to react.

In future I would recommend (if you don't already) keeping the item in your Watch list and at the very least montitoring it in the last minute or so. That in itself, though, won't prevent you being outbid in the last couple of seconds. The best advice I can give would be for you to bid once, at the maximum you are prepared to offer, in the last 10 seconds or so of the auction. If you then get outbid it will be because someone is prepared to pay more - bidding early just gives other bidders something to aim at.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

adding to the advice already given -

"althought I am just a member only from October"

Your account is over 3 1/2 years old.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Did I miss something in the original post?

I really don't how "Your account is over 3 1/2 years old" adds anything at all to the advice already given - mainly because it's completely irrelevant - but I'm sure any genuine advice regarding the matter raised would be more than welcome.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

"Did I miss something in the original post?"

Yes.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent