💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 31.08.22 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

HI, is this postage increase a glitch or can we no longer use second class parcel post 

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

@runwayredder wrote:

HI, is this postage increase a glitch or can we no longer use second class parcel post 

Hi @runwayredder ,

We are currently working with the shipping team to gather as much information on this as possible. We have other threads on this on the community at the moment and will provide updates on them as soon as we can.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

I need some help regarding a missing Managed Payment that hasn't been received dating from July 5th.

My bank that day had a technical issue and the payment was revoked and returned to Adyen. I have provided eBay with the Retun of Payment ID Number from my bank to prove it was returned.

I've recently received a message from Customer Support stating: "Unfortunately, if the payout was sent to a different bank account due to a user input error, or there was a technical issue with the bank that day and the bank couldn't receive the payment , as per policy, we do not cover the loss". 

I'd appreciate clarification that this money is lost. It has to be somewhere and has been dragging on for 8 weeks.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

@drgwalker wrote:

I need some help regarding a missing Managed Payment that hasn't been received dating from July 5th.

My bank that day had a technical issue and the payment was revoked and returned to Adyen. I have provided eBay with the Retun of Payment ID Number from my bank to prove it was returned.

I've recently received a message from Customer Support stating: "Unfortunately, if the payout was sent to a different bank account due to a user input error, or there was a technical issue with the bank that day and the bank couldn't receive the payment , as per policy, we do not cover the loss". 

I'd appreciate clarification that this money is lost. It has to be somewhere and has been dragging on for 8 weeks.

Hi @drgwalker ,

A payout ID would only be generated when the funds have been received by the bank.As there was a reference ID made available on the payout for the 5th of July this is confirmation that the bank did receive the funds.  eBay no longer had the funds once we had the reference ID.This would mean you would need to follow up with your bank directly for the funds and they would need to locate them with the reference ID.

There should be an email on your account from customer support with the exact details. 

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Kat - it's not there and has never been received. I'm uncomfortable that money has simply vanished inth the ether having provided eBay with the Return Payment ID from my bank.

I'll ask my bank for the umpteenth time to check the reference ID but they've continually cited that it was returned due to a system error that day. I don't like the quote that eBay won't cover any loss.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Hi @drgwalker ,

While you check with your bank I am also going to follow up with the payments team offline to ensure the return reference ID was also followed up.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.